eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

love2shop4stuf
Community Member

why don't people have respect and leave feedback that's just rude!!

I THINK THAT MOST BUYERS ARE RESPECTABLE BUT THEIR ARE SOME THAT JUST TURN MY STOMACH THEY ARE RUDE AND IGNORANT THEY DONT LEAVE YOU FEEDBACK PEOPLE THAT BUY SELL WHAT EVER ONE YOU ARE HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT AND LEAVE FEEDBACK IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO DO THAT? WOW I THINK IT TAKES MORE TIME TO LOOK FOR AND ITEM READ THE DESCRIPTION OF THE ITEM AND PLACE A BID ON AN ITEM THEN SUBMIT THE BID OF AND ITEM THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE YOU WANT THE ITEM BUT CANT HAVE ENOUGH RESPECT TO LEAVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THE ITEM????? WHATEVER!!!!!

Spoiler

Please use plain text.
deepinwesttexas
Community Member

Re: why don't people have respect and leave feedback that's just rude!!

in reply to love2shop4stuf

You've left 69 and received 58 that's a pretty good ratio but to call others disrespectful for not leaving feedback is......well disrespectful.

Feedback is voluntary for both buyers and sellers. If you're selling just remember that not all buyers leave feedback and they might not be leaving feedback because they may feel the transaction was not positive and could not leave a positive but did not want to leave bad feedback for a seller. Many just want their item and don't care about feedback. Do you want feedback or what you bought? I prefer my item and don't care about feedback.

Some sellers don't leave feedback until the buyer leaves feedback and some sellers don't leave feedback at all. If feedback is that important to you then you can check out a sellers feedback profile to see what their feedback timing is. Do you want feedback or the cash the buyers spend? I want the money and don't care about feedback.

But to come here and call people disrespectful for not leaving feedback is just childish. Get over it.

Community Member

First of all, typing in all caps is considered yelling on the internet, and it widely considered to be rude.

Now, then.  Feedback is optional and voluntary.  No one has to give it, ever.  The buyer may be taking some time to test the item, they may just not give it at all, or they might have had issues with the item that didn't warrant less-than-positive feedback, so they decided to give none.

Also, calling people names for not doing something that is optional and voluntary is rude.

Real people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.

Please use plain text.
winteriscoming
Community Member

in reply to dunnohowtowin

So you have left 28 feedback for Buyers and only received 11 feedback back.  That I would say is an average return.   Many buyers do not bother with feedback,  they just want their item.

Also, be careful what you wish for.  As you start getting more buyer feedback, they you can come back complaining about how they did leave you feedback but 4's across the board on DSR's because ebay tells them 4 is good.  But due to your low volume, your DSR's will put you below standard...   all hypothetical but really just be content and the good feedback will come.

“Community just got a facelift, thanks to you! No, really. You told us it could be better & we changed it.”
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to winteriscoming

Seriously, do you not realize that feedback is optional and voluntary? And that some buyers/sellers never leave feedback? And that nagging people for feedback will get you something you do not want? And that buyers can only receive positive FB? 

Please use plain text.
scribble_on
Community Member

[ Edited ]

love2shop, it looks like you're relatively new to selling.  Try not to get sucked into eBay's feedback vortex.  Remember why you are selling - to make money!  It's nice to get fb, but in the end, the only part of the transaction that boosts your bank account is money - your bank doesn't accept feedback, lol.

No seller gets 100% return on feedback.  It's voluntary, and plenty of people just opt out.  Don't set yourself up for disappointment.  Continue to be a good seller and more fb will eventually come.  But more importantly, more money willl come.

You might want to consider using this ID for selling, and getting a new ID for buying.  That's because buying and selling on the same ID puts you at risk for malicious behavior should you ever have to leave a neg for a seller.  You don't want to give them the option of starting a new ID (or having a friend bid on an item) just for the purpose of negging you back.

Please use plain text.
buynow*buynow
Community Member

love2shop4stuf wrote:

I THINK THAT MOST BUYERS ARE RESPECTABLE BUT THEIR ARE SOME THAT JUST TURN MY STOMACH THEY ARE RUDE AND IGNORANT THEY DONT LEAVE YOU FEEDBACK PEOPLE THAT BUY SELL WHAT EVER ONE YOU ARE HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT AND LEAVE FEEDBACK IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO DO THAT? WOW I THINK IT TAKES MORE TIME TO LOOK FOR AND ITEM READ THE DESCRIPTION OF THE ITEM AND PLACE A BID ON AN ITEM THEN SUBMIT THE BID OF AND ITEM THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE YOU WANT THE ITEM BUT CANT HAVE ENOUGH RESPECT TO LEAVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THE ITEM????? WHATEVER!!!!!

Spoiler

There are two types of auctions on ebay.  Those that sell widgets and those that sell feedback (even though it is not ebay legal).  If you are buying a widget the feedback is voluntary and i not a requirement when buying and selling.  In fact a lot of sellers stopped leaving it altogether when ebay stopped sellers from being able to leave negatives for buyers.  If you want feedback then there are auctions that sell just that.  But those are sometimes removed along with the feedback you received for them whether you were a buyer or a seller.

Reply may or may not be for the person the reply says but just because you were the last ID that posted to this thread when I started to reply to the thread.
Please use plain text.
steve577
Community Member

[ Edited ]

love2shop4stuf wrote:

I THINK THAT MOST BUYERS ARE RESPECTABLE BUT THEIR ARE SOME THAT JUST TURN MY STOMACH THEY ARE RUDE ...

Indeed, feedback is very important, and buyers should leave feedback
for sellers.  I always do.  And it's equally important for sellers to put their

best foot forward, set a good example, and leave feedback when paid.

Please use plain text.
brewdogdanny
Community Member

I did not look at your fb, There is not much to reply to, The upper posts are well written. This is worth adding. As a buyer you have much left to do besides paying. You need to let your seller no that you are happy with the item and his performance or if your not. You may not get so upset if you could figure out the buyer green donut means absolutely nothing ( holds no water) If you were selling and you had something to gain with fb meaning discount this would be a reason to be upset. The faster you come to terms with what buyer fb is about I will assure you that you will not be so upset. Most important fb in required!

Please use plain text.
brewdogdanny
Community Member

in reply to steve577

Could you please put some fact- theory along with this post, I'm curious to if I'm missing something. I know these posts are opinion. You would help the poster to.

Please use plain text.
brewdogdanny
Community Member

in reply to brewdogdanny

I will try again, Feedback is not required

Please use plain text.
discuss*stuff
Community Member

love2shop4stuf wrote:

Spoiler

Wow...if not getting feedback gets you this riled I can hardly wait to see what you come up with after you don't get paid and have to jump through hoops to get your fees back that eBay already charged you off the top.

ebay...the new spectator sport
Please use plain text.
discuss*stuff
Community Member

in reply to discuss*stuff

Or maybe when someone opens a case when all they wanted to do is contact you...had that happen to me last night because eBay has "improved" their process.

ebay...the new spectator sport
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to discuss*stuff

I don't care whether buyers leave me feedback.  I care whether they pay. I care whether they want to return the item. I care whether they are high maintenance.  If they don't leave me feedback, that's totally okay with me.  If they DO leave feedback I prefer that it be positive with all 5s in the DSRs.

As a buyer, I sometimes don't leave feedback if

1. I don't log into eBay with the ID I purchased with for a while and forget about it

2. I don't want to say anything bad and don't have anything good to say

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ex Policy Monkey now just another addlepated poster who can't find or explain a gosh darned thing
Please use plain text.
virtualwhimsy
Community Member

love2shop4stuf wrote:

Spoiler

Thanks for posting.  I would hate to actually win an auction from a seller like you.

Sheesh.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be
misquoted, then used against you.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

If you are this riled up when buyers don't leave you feedback (which is not a real problem), then what would happen if a real issue comes up...for example, if a buyer leaves bad feedback and low ratings (now, that is a real problem)?  Not saying that your buyers will leave you bad fb, but just pointing out that there are far worse things that can happen than not receiving any fb.

Please use plain text.
virtualwhimsy
Community Member

OPs one neutral received and response to it certainly match their attitude in their opening post.

Please use plain text.
virtualwhimsy
Community Member

Beb - you suckered me in.

This thread is from July of last year.

Why bring it back?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

love2shop4stuf wrote:

Spoiler

Did you know that I have seller freinds that whenever they make a sell and get their money they consider that to be feedback?....after all the buyer has the option to buy from any seller they choose but they came to my friends listing to buy from...thats the best kind of feedback you could ask for.:womanwink:

Please use plain text.
Community Member

bonanza.com you can import all your ebay listings!   If all sellers start leaving, then ebay will not have buyers...gee i wonder if they thought of that concept?  Are sellers appreciated now and given that much care and fairness?   

Please use plain text.