eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution

"Not right now Thank you"??

I sold an item to an individual on eBay on October 28th, and he hasn't paid for it. So I sent out an invoice and still no response.

Then I contacted him again via the contact link and I asked the following:

To: *********
Subject: quartersnsense sent a message about L'Oreal Paris Studio Secrets The One Sweep Sculpting Blush, Poppy, Pavat 820 #261310776244
Sent Date: Nov-04-13 20:19:00 PST

Dear *********,

Hi,

Were you still interested in purchasing this item.

Either way, could you please let me know.

Thank you...

Kind regards,

His Response:

Dear quartersnsense,
Not right now thank you.
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Respond

What should I do, if anything? If I report him as a buyer I would imagine he'll just go ahead and purchase it and when he gets it leave me bad marks on everything.

Wouldn't he more than likely do that? Or am I required to report him to eBay?

Please use plain text.
ywhat4now
Community Member

Re: "Not right now Thank you"??

in reply to quartersnsense

File UID..............

To open an unpaid item case:
  1. Select I haven't received my payment yet, and then click the Continue button.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything above & below this line is opinion
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Open a non paying buyer case in resolution.  That way if the Buyer does it to other members we can block that buyer from bidding in our auctions when the buyer has two strikes and you get your ebay fees back.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to treasurecove123

Can't he accept payment and leave me bad marks, thus sending me off eBay by hurting my DSR scores and such??

Please use plain text.
black*max
Community Member

in reply to treasurecove123

You ask them if they was still intrested, like your giving them a choice.

You should send a request to cancel being you ask.

photo tig02-1.jpg
-It's One World... One Family - It's time to grow up-
Please use plain text.
davidandme2013
Community Member

Can't he accept payment and leave me bad marks, thus sending me off eBay by hurting my DSR scores and such??

YES they can. Happened to me ebay would NOT take off.

After that I only sell BIN and paid at once.

Please use plain text.
ted_200
Community Member

If I report him as a buyer I would imagine he'll just go ahead and purchase it and when he gets it leave me bad marks on everything.

Wouldn't he more than likely do that? Or am I required to report him to eBay?

After I opened the UID, mine left me a neg. the instant he paid for it.  Reporting him to eBay had the same effect as urniating into a stiff breeze. 

That way if the Buyer does it to other members we can block that buyer from bidding in our auctions when the buyer has two strikes and you get your ebay fees back.

He can always get a new ID.   It's quite possible the first use of that ID would be to buy something else from OP. 

Yep.

You don't have a lot of choices here.  If he won't ever pay, the only way to get your fees back is to file the UID on him.  He could then pay, and do all of the above, and eBay won't protect you from it. 

in reply to black*max

I agree with Max. Asking "Were you still interested in purchasing this item" is excessively congenial. Since you're worried about retaliation, a compromise would be to send him a cancellation request. You can still close out the transaction and get your final value fee credit, without any risks.

Please use plain text.
fruitacres
Community Member

Your only ding(s) is on SHippling/Handling Charge - you can fix that for the future by pricing with Free Shipping.

I agree with max, you opened the door by asking.  Reply back simply that you will be sending them a cancel request through eBay, to watch for it.  Nothing else need be said about getting your fees back.

You could have without warning of any kind opened a UID 48 hours after auction ened and have already closed it 4 days later and you would be done. (unless they paid)

If you do nothing, not even UID or cancel, eventhough they did not pay what is to prevent them from leaving feedback anyway?

This sig intentionally left blank

Please use plain text.
ted_200
Community Member

in reply to dolly9577

dolly9577 wrote:

I agree with Max. Asking "Were you still interested in purchasing this item" is excessively congenial. Since you're worried about retaliation, a compromise would be to send him a cancellation request. You can still close out the transaction and get your final value fee credit, without any risks.

I'd want him to agree to it before sending it though... once you send one, doesn't that preclude filing an UID?  If so, if he refuses it, OP is going to eat the fees on this, right?

Community Member

in reply to ted_200

UID is not the only way, OP ask the buyer is they still wanted the item and they replyed Not at this time.

So to me then OP should request to cancel.

photo tig02-1.jpg
-It's One World... One Family - It's time to grow up-
Please use plain text.
ted_200
Community Member

in reply to fruitacres

If you do nothing, not even UID or cancel, eventhough they did not pay what is to prevent them from leaving feedback anyway?

Not much.  They could leave a neut./neg. 15 seconds after buying/winning the item, if they wanted.  I had that happen too, eBay wouldn't remove that one either. 

in reply to black*max

Ok, cancel to request.

Question:

Will I get in trouble?

Will he get in trouble?

And I re-read the treads here, and I'm sure I'm mistaken...but will I get my fees back?

It just a minor auction (.99+3.00 shipping) so I'm not to concerned about the fees.

I'd rather accept the loss in fees than get kicked off eBay for something so small as this.

Please use plain text.
ywhat4now
Community Member

in reply to black*max

black*max wrote:

UID is not the only way, OP ask the buyer is they still wanted the item and they replyed Not at this time.

So to me then OP should request to cancel.

If buyer had asked for a cancel.......then by all means, send it.

He didn't ask for a cancel  though........so this buyer would get to do all the bad things that the OP asked about in the original post and the buyer wouldn't be out one red cent......................sounds like a great deal......................

For the buyer. :smileysad:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything above & below this line is opinion
Please use plain text.
Community Member

quartersnsense wrote:

Ok, cancel to request. ... 

Will I get in trouble? ... Will he get in trouble? ...  will I get my fees back?

It just a minor auction (.99+3.00 shipping) so I'm not to concerned about the fees....

Nobody gets in any trouble through a cancellation request.

Yes, a completed cancellation gets you a credit for your final value fee. Either when the buyer agrees, or if he doesn't reply within 7 days the seller gets the option to close it even without the buery's cooperation.

For a 40-cent FVF, I'd just forget it and move on.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ywhat4now
to OP

since you asked buyer if they still wanted it and they said no,

I would probably send a friendly reply that says: Thanks for the heads up, no problem!

Would appreciate your help to cancel the transaction which will not hurt your account. When eBay sends you the request, you can simply reply yes or don't respond at all, and the transaction will be cancelled.

Thank you, appreciate your help. Sincerely, ____
Please use plain text.
ted_200
Community Member

in reply to united2gether

united2gether wrote:
to OP

since you asked buyer if they still wanted it and they said no,

I would probably send a friendly reply that says: Thanks for the heads up, no problem!

Would appreciate your help to cancel the transaction which will not hurt your account. When eBay sends you the request, you can simply reply yes or don't respond at all, and the transaction will be cancelled.

Thank you, appreciate your help. Sincerely, ____

It won't make the "give him a strike!" folks happy, but this is probably the route I'd go at this point. 

[ Edited ]
in reply to ted_200

Thanks all for the heads up and great advice.

I really appreciate it.

I think I'll do what Dolly said and just forget about it though.

I don't need anymore drama right now...which always seems to fall around me.

Yes, I was pretty congenial towards the buyer, but that's because I keep coming here and reading all the horror stories of crazy good sellers getting the the boot.

I cannot imagine why a user who has 1000 + postiive feedback/ zero -negative feedback can get kicked off the site.

It's nuts, I don't even know why positive or negative feedbacks matter anymore than.

So I'll just the take the small heat and accept his response as adequate enough.

Please use plain text.
d-k_treasures
Community Member

in reply to dolly9577

dolly9577 wrote:

quartersnsense wrote:

Ok, cancel to request. ... 

Will I get in trouble? ... Will he get in trouble? ...  will I get my fees back?

It just a minor auction (.99+3.00 shipping) so I'm not to concerned about the fees....

Nobody gets in any trouble through a cancellation request.

Yes, a completed cancellation gets you a credit for your final value fee. Either when the buyer agrees, or if he doesn't reply within 7 days the seller gets the option to close it even without the buery's cooperation.

For a 40-cent FVF, I'd just forget it and move on.

dolly - it's only a 10 cent FVF. If they never paid, the shipping FVF doesn't kick in.

Wish I never said that about the shipping FVF. Now ebay will change it.

I am NOT a follower.
Please use plain text.