eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

zhjy47
Community Member

ebay doesn't allow sellers to send invoices anymore?

I used to be able to find "send an invoice" option from dropdrown list of  "more actions". Now I could not find it.  So now, ebay doesn't allow sellers to send invoices anymore? Can anyone confirm it? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
cynthealee2
Community Member

Re: ebay doesn't allow sellers to send invoices anymore?

in reply to zhjy47

zhjy47 wrote:

I used to be able to find "send an invoice" option from dropdrown list of  "more actions". Now I could not find it.  So now, ebay doesn't allow sellers to send invoices anymore? Can anyone confirm it? Thanks!

Same drop down area click contact buyer, at the top of the next screen is the option to send the buyer an invoice.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zhjy47

Do not send an invoice. If send ANY communication to a buyer once they buy then you lose the auto 5 star for communication and you don't want to lose any of the 5 stars. It has now been decided that sellers are contacting buyers too much. Some agree and some not. Do everything you can to get the auto 5 stars.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to no_longer_welcome_here
OOPS sorry " If you send ANY"
Please use plain text.
zhjy47
Community Member

in reply to cynthealee2

don't see such an option....is that because mine is a BIN listing?

Please use plain text.
cynthealee2
Community Member

no_longer_welcome_here wrote:

Do not send an invoice. If send ANY communication to a buyer once they buy then you lose the auto 5 star for communication and you don't want to lose any of the 5 stars. It has now been decided that sellers are contacting buyers too much. Some agree and some not. Do everything you can to get the auto 5 stars.

Invoices don't count on the communication star...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-practices.html

Note: Best Offers, Second Chance Offers, invoices, and invoice requests—even if they contain messages added by the buyer or seller—don't affect automatic 5-star detailed seller ratings for communication. You'll still qualify for an automatic 5-star communication detailed seller rating if you or your buyers send these types of communications.

Please use plain text.
cynthealee2
Community Member

in reply to zhjy47

it's at the VERY top                                   VVVVVV    see it right there?

Second Invoice.jpg

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]

I thought I read somewhere that invoices don't count toward the communication auto 5 star? Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.

Never mind. I see someone answered my question before I had a chance to post it.

Please use plain text.
zhjy47
Community Member

This case, I need to ... but I really can't find the option. Are invoices not available for BIN listings ?

Please use plain text.
zhjy47
Community Member

in reply to cynthealee2

Thank you for posting the screenshot. Mine doesn't have such a line.

Please use plain text.
cynthealee2
Community Member

in reply to zhjy47

Yes invoices are on the BIN's

Go to your sales page, to that drop down area at the end, contact buyer, then the invoice option is in smaller print at the very top of the page.  If it's NOT there I sign out clean cookies go do the dishes and come back, it's usually there when I try again later.

If not then go to play B and send them a paypal invoice, tell them as long as they pay they are covered by eBay AND PayPal, when you get the payment mark the order paid and ship as usual.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cynthealee2

There is a seller right now who had limits lowered because she sent invoices to all buyers and the rep told her that is why she got a 3 for communication.

Please use plain text.
cynthealee2
Community Member

There is a seller right now who had limits lowered because she sent invoices to all buyers and the rep told her that is why she got a 3 for communication.

Reps will tell you anything to get you off the phone, did the seller run the thingy* to figure out who gave them the star?

If they got a three and the ONLY communication they sent was the invoices call back and read them the policy and have them remove it.

I send invoices on a weekly basis, and the ONLY ding I have in communication is one that the buyer (also a seller) sent an email right before they left feedback just so they could ding every single star.  The rest are all 5's.

*Thingy = I cant think of the technical name so I put thingy.

Please use plain text.
starroute-us
Community Member

Then they need to use the policy posted and call ebay to have that feedback removed if ebay says they can not adjust the stars ratings up to auto 5s.

Only messages count.

I never send invoices since ebay sends the end of auction notices anyway.

Although a few months ago had a buyer toss a "hissy fit" because they never received my invoice, wrote to me ranting after less than 24 hours. 

All ended well after calming and smoothing out those ruffled feathers, (i blamed ebay) lol:smileyhappy: yikes!

They now have a place of honor on my best buddy list.  I was suprised they did not ding comm. star, they could have since they wrote me. 

Please use plain text.
ywhat4now
Community Member

in reply to starroute-us

I think the part that most folks don't get is the 1 day handling...................doesn't really seem to be related to communication, but it is......................

To give you credit for transactions where a buyer doesn't need to contact you, you'll automatically receive a 5-star communication detailed seller rating if:

*You specify either same business day or 1 business day handling and upload tracking information within 1 business day.
*There are no buyer- or seller-initiated communications in eBay Messages
*There are no requests for contact information between you and the buyer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything above & below this line is opinion
Please use plain text.
starroute-us
Community Member

in reply to ywhat4now

I agree. :smileyhappy:

The ship time star is a problem as well. 4 days from payment, .:womansurprised::womanvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
terry5732
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to starroute-us

invo.jpg

Mine is not now, nor has it ever been hidden

inv.jpg

Please use plain text.
sandypurins
Community Member

in reply to zhjy47

I still have the "Send invoice" option in the drop-down "More actions" list on my sold page... here's a screen shot...

Please use plain text.
terry5732
Community Member

in reply to sandypurins

and yet again a brainiac has moved the thread from where the OP was asking so that they may not see answers

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ywhat4now

ywhat4now wrote:

I think the part that most folks don't get is the 1 day handling...................doesn't really seem to be related to communication, but it is......................

To give you credit for transactions where a buyer doesn't need to contact you, you'll automatically receive a 5-star communication detailed seller rating if:

*You specify either same business day or 1 business day handling and upload tracking information within 1 business day.
*There are no buyer- or seller-initiated communications in eBay Messages
*There are no requests for contact information between you and the buyer.

In my 14-year selling history on ebay from 1999 until I recently stopped listing (by choice), I sent an invoice to every single on of my buyers. The idea of a seller NOT sending a buyer an invoice for whatever screwy DSR-related ebay reason is enough to send me running even further away from ebay than i already have been...

Please use plain text.