eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
buy-it-now_auction-express
Community Member
Accepted Solution

OK, so I'm a goober and need some help please.....

Hello all, it's been some time since I've been back to feebay.....I jumped ship many years ago when Whitman was still here and making things hard on sellers..Well, due to my job I'm back and listing for them.....along w/ some random stuff of my own and I'm noticing several new changes that I can't seem to figure out.....I'm sure these are "basic" issues and I apologize in advance for my repetative question to thos that newbies post, but alas, I have been gone for a bit and am once again getting my berrings.....

(please excuse any typos) :smileyhappy:

1.  Why is the "mark item shipped" and "mark item" paid not available in the drop-down menus??

I sent a buyer a pp invoice and they paid for an item and it won't allow me to manually mark it paid.

I also sent another VERY light item w/ a stamp (yes, cheesy...but it was a "free shipping" item and pfftt, i don't care - lol) -- not being rude/mean there, it's just more economical w/ the recent usps hikes again.....

so, answers??

please and thank you in advance. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: OK, so I'm a goober and need some help please.....

in reply to buy-it-now_auction-express

nevermind.....I FOUND IT... :womanlol:

the items i was wondering about were the "multiple choice" listings and all i had to do was go into the listing....view the 'sold' ones and choose the drop-down choices from that screen....seems a litltle a#$-backwards as to why i couldn't just do that from "my ebay"...but whatever.

so thanks anyway....toodles!

Please use plain text.
decorating_is_my_game
Community Member

"I also sent another VERY light item w/ a stamp (yes, cheesy...but it was a "free shipping" item and pfftt, i don't care - lol) -- not being rude/mean there, it's just more economical w/ the recent usps hikes again....".

If your buyer claims they didn't get it, you'll be refunding them in full as you have no online viewable tracking to prove delivery.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to decorating_is_my_game

not worried about it...i've been selling on here since '98.....i take this site along w/ its buyers w/ a grain of salt.  it's sad this place has become an absolute garage sale for things, but oh well....that's the type of buyer that is now being attracted.....if ebay was going to bankrupt me, then i have no business being on here.  i'm financially ok and don't stress about feebay - but thanks for the "heads up"  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Love it! Feebay...great word..lol...

If you don't get tracking, you will be finding yourself, refunding savvy sneaky buyers because you'll have no online proof of delivery when they open INR (Item Not Received) cases...It's rampant.

The other thing, I've seen much more lately is sneaky savvy buyers will win, pay and come up with great reasons/ excuses why they want immediate refunds. When a seller has no choice but to accept a return Seller feels like they don't on some occassions and fall for the buyers' YUK) or the issue is too strong, a seller falters, refunds and buyers are off the UPI strike hook....I call this, the new wave away from getting a UPI..

Please use plain text.
delilah9847
Community Member

Ya. Its to protect you. Some buyer know this and will open an inr and not only get a free gift from you, but you will have a case counted against you. They have been purging these sellers recently. Watch your step gurlfriend
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to delilah9847

I just sent out a 1st class package last week~~I mail over the counter at the post office.  I'm tired of paying $1.05 for tracking so I told the clerk I didn't want tracking on it.  It still got tracking but it wasn't suppose to be viewable.  It turned out to be viewable so I'm just going to take my chances in the future and NOT purchase tracking on cheap items if it is going to be viewable even if you don't purchase it.  

Please use plain text.