• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
bubbleman2010
Community Member

Re: I'm about to be suspended for life because of flawed buyer OPINIONS

in reply to bubbleman2010

It's all about ebay getting their slice right up front on free shipping.  Mountains of items never get paid for and when shipping is charged ebay doesn't get their slice until time of payment no payment no shipping slice....

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mr.elmwood

If I go to stealth shipping then I would think that my buyers will be sure that I am over charging for shipping.  I thought that if they see the match (paid/label) that they will know that that is just the cost to get it to them - no less no more.  I guess I am wrong - I'm wrong about alot of things in life it seems.  I am willing to change anything just to stay here.

Also I have had only 1 return in over 974 transactions (I guess that the 974 I quoted was just my feedback score and not total transactions) so my buyers seem to be happy with the items they are receiving from me.  I sell new and quality used toys (mostly used).

Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

in reply to modulok!

modu even when the shipping is free the bottomfeeders ebay is attracting even think thats to expensive...

Please use plain text.
mr.elmwood
Community Member

Bublè has such a high opinion of earthlings.
Please use plain text.
ersatz_sobriquet
Community Member

in reply to mr.elmwood

So if I were to (theoretically) buy your alternator and pay that $50 shipping elmwood, and then ding your star on shipping, is that fair?

Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

in reply to mr.elmwood

elmwood you'll notice I said the folks ebay is attracting. It would be nice if you stopped putting words in other posters posts. Maybe you could explain everything is clearly displayed in a listing,price,times,postage buyer makes a purchase and upon it arriving clearly in what was stated in the listing why should the buyer have any kind of problem?

Please use plain text.
whartondoc
Community Member

in reply to modulok!

But it is what it is!

eBay has trained the hounds to howl at anything but free shipping.

Santa Claws is coming to town...
Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

in reply to whartondoc

doc just the toothless ebay jakels nipping at our ankles....

Please use plain text.
mr.elmwood
Community Member

Bublè, your postings are full of what you want others to believe, at the expense of reality. You stop with the rhetoric and so will I.

I have never said eBay was fair. I do, however, have a higher class of customer. My customers are not "bottom feeders", thus, your supposition has no standing.

There is no such thing as "fair" in business and retailing, you know that and I know that. Bublè, you are very intelligent, but, sometimes your hyperbole stays a bit.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Well so far FREE SHIPPING seems to be working for me.  Just sold 2 items in the past hour that have been listed for a little over 20 days without a bite.  But, can't help the feeling that no matter how much I sell, from here on out, it is already too late for me because of trending. I think I can see the writing appearing on the wall.  I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Also just so that you all know, I am not hiding anything here.  No policy violations, no Vero take downs, no neg or neatral feedback, no UPIs filed (I sell IPR only).  It is just that 4.67 for the shipping charge DSR which is about to show me the door i fear.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to modulok!

modulok! wrote:

This is a posting ID

OK so I believe I am about to be suspended for life because of my EXACT shipping charges.  My DSRs are 5.0, 5.0, 5.0, 4.67 over a 3 month period (actually 1 month because I just started selling again a month ago after taking the summer off vacationing with my family).  I am a TRS and have 100% feedback as a seller (974 transactions).  This morning was the first time I was able to check my 3 month DSRs because I finally received 10 feedbacks.  I was stunned that my Shipping Charge DSR was at 4.67.

I charge EXACT shipping, meaning the amount my buyers pay for shipping matches EXACTLY what is shown on their shipping label (I do not use stealth).  It is obviously the buyers OPINION that this is not good enough!  Really!!!!

I understand that the USPS shipping rates are high and nobody likes to pay them.  But it is what it is!  These buyers are rating me not by the rates I charge but by the rates that the USPS charges me which is not what the shipping charge DSR is designed to be about.

I just now had to change all my listings over to FREE SHIPPING (and of course add that into the item price) to try and combat this in an attempt to hang on here (though I know it is too late for me).  I fought FREE SHIPPING because most of my items are heavier and need to go Parcel Select instead of Priority (or at least that is what almost all my buyers choose).  So it is a race between me getting kicked off Ebay and my business going down the tubes because of perceived high prices (lots of buyers only look at the item price and not the total for some reason).

I feel sick about this whole thing.  I have tons of inventory and pretty soon no where to sell it.  Goodbye everybody, I wish I could say it has been fun.

The sad part is they probably bought from you because you were cheaper. Ebay seriously needs to either do away with or offer more protection for sellers in regards to the S/H DSR. After 18 years of accumulated data, you'd think Ebay would know if a seller is overcharging or not on most items. To make things worse they take 9% of that charge which most sellers don't pass on to the buyer.  Ebay made a handling charge, you didn't. So you actually took a small loss. Offering Free Shipping may be your only chance to salvage your business here. Good luck to you.

Please use plain text.
starroute-us
Community Member

in reply to modulok!

Do you have any low ratings 1s or 2s showing?

Those are the ones to be the most concerned with.

With so few transactions, just one or two low DSRs will drop that rating

Not so free shipping is the way you need to go, 1 day handling and only communicate if it is needed.

Print labels via ebay or PP and that will save some money. comm. base pricing.

Parcel select is an online option only and over the counter will cost more.

Measures and weigh so your calculated shipping is correct.

Please use plain text.
18704d
Community Member

in reply to modulok!

It is just that 4.67 for the shipping charge DSR which is about to show me the door i fear.

---------

If your fear is truly that substantial..

why not switch to a new fresh account???

Policy does allow it...

?

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to modulok!

Other than buyer's overall dissatisfaction with shipping charges, the only thing I can think of for star dings is if flat rate shipping is used, and regular or priority would be cheaper. Flat rate is often more expensive than regular priority by weight, and paying extra because the seller doesn't weigh items irritates a lot of buyers.

Of course, OP could just have persnickety buyers too...on ebay, who really knows???:womanfrustrated:

This is my posting id
Please use plain text.
whartondoc
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to modulok!

Opinion, like other things, strictly one to a customer.  winkie.gif

SC.jpg

Santa Claws is coming to town...
Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

in reply to whartondoc

Are these still for sale? How many do you have? Will I get whats in the photo? Some real Harvard grads here...

Please use plain text.
18704d
Community Member

in reply to sumthinfishy

Other than buyer's overall dissatisfaction with shipping charges, the only thing I can think of for star dings is if flat rate shipping is used, and regular or priority would be cheaper

-----------

1) after the buyer commits and pays.. sees another seller at the same price with free shipping.

"If they could do it you should have too" kicks in.

2) Newbies believing a 4 (or 3) is a good non-harmful selection.

3) This price amount would have given me free ship on another website...

etc.

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Please use plain text.
Community Member

OK to answer some questions.

No 1s or 2s showing in dashboard.

I print my labels through Ebay and always give a choice between parcel select and priority (online rates).  Almost all my buyers choose Parcel Select because I usually sell toys in lots or complete sets, so my packages can be quite weighty.  I only off Priority Flat Rate when the item is small and unusually heavy.  I only charge exact shipping because I want to try my best to set myself apart from others in my field and give my buyers the cheapest shipping charges possible.

Maybe I should start a new account and put this one to rest for a while.  But starting from zero again has me sort of frightened.  I hear scammers usually pick on low feedbackers.  I sell alot of Lego sets which are kinda high scam magnets if people think they can get away with it.  But maybe I will have to start all over again.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to modulok!

It's my opinion that free shipping on heavy items cheats the buyers near to the sellers location. If instead of adding the shipping to the other coast or Hawaii to the price of your item you let the calculator do the shipping charges the buyers who livew close to you will wind up with smaller total charge.

If you have multiple items available I'd suggest you do a second listing so that you have one item with free shipping and the second listing with calculated shipping you do your buyers a favor. Over the years I've found that some buyers obviously don't shop by lowest price because they buy the wrong listing.

You can do two listing for a similar item because the listings are different----the shipping and or the price.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mr.elmwood

mr.elmwood wrote:
Minimum level for PowerSeller is 4.6. There are loads of small sellers with lower DSR than you. Do not believe everything you read on these boards.

Have you had a warning letter from eBay?

Sure, it's always better to be led to the gallows blindfolded, right?

Renegade SOLIDARNOSC
Please use plain text.