eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

gamerspulse
Community Member

How to file an insurance claim with USPS?

I shipped a package via USPS Prioty mail and includes insurance on Feb 14. The item sold for $94.00 so it is covered under the insurance. A buyer opens a claim today saying he hasn't received it. The package was expected to be delivered on Feb 18 so it should have arrived by now. The tracking number shows it's still in transit and that it's in Kentucky, but it's going to Missouri. The last post says the tracking hasn't been updated yet. I've had a few tracking numbers that never update and I'm not expecting this one to update. Am I suppose to file the insurance claim or the buyer?

Anyone ever had to file a claim that can tell me what to expect? This is the first time I'll have to file a claim.

This is the tracking number if it will help: 9405509699937330750995

Please use plain text.
echo_and_zip
Community Member

Re: How to file an insurance claim with USPS?

in reply to gamerspulse

https://reg.usps.com/login?app=OIC&appURL=https%3A%2F%2Fonlineclaims.usps.com%2Foic%2Flanding.do

Call eBay or PayPal...

Ask them to look at Tracking...

IN TRANSIT means just that

ask for time extention

USPS doesn't consider LOST untol 21 days since shipping

... when we finally 'figure it all out'... we die... this way, we are prevented from sharing 'the answers' with 'the rest of the class'...
Please use plain text.
echo_and_zip
Community Member

in reply to echo_and_zip

file lost item first...

that usually gets tracking moving on updates

... when we finally 'figure it all out'... we die... this way, we are prevented from sharing 'the answers' with 'the rest of the class'...
Please use plain text.
gamerspulse
Community Member

in reply to echo_and_zip

echo_and_zip wrote:

file lost item first...

that usually gets tracking moving on updates

How do I file a lost item? This is the first I've heard of doing that.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gamerspulse

I wouldn't do nothing yet . As of 20 minutes ago, it is back in Mo.

Please use plain text.
gamerspulse
Community Member

in reply to fuzzface50

fuzzface50 wrote:

I wouldn't do nothing yet . As of 20 minutes ago, it is back in Mo.

I just saw that. These USPS delays are becoming troublesome. Thanks for the help!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gamerspulse

over 7600 flights have been canceled so far,chicago is one of the airports which got hit badly,others are in NE,so you figure all the rerouting and cancelled flights,there will be delay,your buyer is a big **bleep** for filing so early.

Ibet he is a wife beater if din din is late by 5 minutes

Please use plain text.
konmaru
Community Member

in reply to freeshipusa1

Lovely buyer jumps the gun.  Do call eBay or Paypal and let them know the package was in fact sent and it was delayed due to weather, that buyer is being unreasonable and very impatient. 

Buyer pretty much screwed himself. Because when trackintg shows it is delivered, the claim will be closed and if there's a problem like broken or wrong item, buyer can't re-file claim.

There's a reason buyers have up to 30 days to file claim, it's to account for unexpectedly slow delivery.  Not after only 6-7 days.

Please use plain text.