eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

2013 Tax Forms

Hi, have any of you started getting your tax forms yet from ebay/paypal?  I recieved mine in the mail last year and was expecting to see one again this year but have not yet. 

Please use plain text.
shabbychicandpink
Community Member

Re: 2013 Tax Forms

in reply to greengorn

Paypal is the only one that might send you a 1099, but only if you meet bother of these requirements:

•  US$20,000 in gross payment volume from sales of goods or services in a single year
  •   200 separate payments for goods or services in the same year
Please use plain text.
duchess-at-speakeasy
Community Member

in reply to greengorn

Form 1099-K is informational only -- you do not need it to file your federal tax return.

~~C~~ 

My Glass Duchess

To eBay, I think we hover somewhere between loathed, tolerated, and ignored.
Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

in reply to greengorn

There were posts from members who had gotten their 1099-K's from PayPal in late January. You can also download it from your account. Did you pass both of the thresholds? There's also a 2-page "Annual financial summary" in PayPal under History > Reports.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nobody*s_perfect

Form 1099-K is informational only -- you do not need it to file your federal tax return.

Perhaps, but what it is informing you is that the IRS knows how much money passed through your paypal account. So while you may not need to file it with your return, you had better account for it in your return. 

Unlucky

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to unluckytheloser

Yes, I should have one due to my sales.  I don't care if you do or do not need it to file your taxes.  I need the information contained on it. 

Please use plain text.
clothescloseouts4u
Community Member

in reply to greengorn

greengorn wrote:

Yes, I should have one due to my sales.  I don't care if you do or do not need it to file your taxes.  I need the information contained on it. 

I haven't gotten mine yet.  Could print it out, I guess.  May have to.

"It is unreasonable to attempt to reason with the unreasonable."
Please use plain text.
black*max
Community Member

in reply to clothescloseouts4u

I never wait for a copy in the mail, I always print it out as soon as it's available.

photo tig02-1.jpg
-It's One World... One Family - It's time to grow up-
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to black*max

Just go to PayPal and print it, that's what I did. I have not gotten my copy in the mail yet, but I've already done my taxes.

It is under the History dropdown and then it says Tax Documents.

Please use plain text.