eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Why do I have 2 packages comming with the same tracking number?

I have 2 packages comming with the same tracking number why is that?

Other Answers: 4
kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to toyato4x4

I don't know. You will just have to see what happened when you get the packages.

pinkflamingo2855
Community Member
Answered
in reply to toyato4x4

are you sure you are looking at the numbers right?---you bought 2 items (one each) from different sellers, there's no way the tracking #'s can be the same.....

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go"
Oscar Wilde
bostongrammy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to toyato4x4

Some sellers have more than one ID: I myself have shipped items from two selling IDs in one package.

However, the OP's two recent purchases were from sellers in different locations (and one is Hong Kong). There is a one-in-a-zillion chance that the USPS Delivery Confirmation number and the Hong Kong post tracking number are the same?

pinkflamingo2855
Community Member
Answered
in reply to toyato4x4

from the same seller??? then they could have used the same label for both packages, that will most likely be a problem, you may get one with full postage due. i wouldn't pay it, contact the seller and let them know they owe you X amount for postage due, if they don't send it to you first, then don't pick up that package, in fact i would not take the first one either if they go together, let them sit at the PO until it's sorted out with the seller, if they don't pay you the postage due let it go back to them.

-------also it's possible they combined the items into one package if you paid separately, and entered the same DC number in each transaction. this is the most likely senerio.

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go"
Oscar Wilde