eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
browns_eastside
Community Member
How do you delete your Ebay search history?

I am trying to delete my ebay search history...dont want recomendations showing up for last items looked atg.  Thanks for any help!!

Other Answers: 7
Community Member
Answered
in reply to browns_eastside

The ebay history is terrible during the holiday season!  every time that someone in my family goes to our home computer and the ebay page, it's quite obvious what they're getting because the search history and ads are all over the home page!

grandpatexhelp
Community Member
Answered

I'm not sure it will stay when you sign back in again.

That's an age old marketing technique to tailor advertising to your preferences, and it's eBay's site. I guess they can do pretty much what they want with it.

You can put a desktop icon on your computer to your My eBay page. When you come to the site, you will be directed to the sign in page. Skip the home page all together.

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.
rosenrot_rex
Community Member
Answered

I tired for the same thing and nothing helps. Amazon.com gives greater allowance to this problem.
Even after I log off the computer, it still displays last search.

So my new tactic is when I'm done searching for whatever it is I'm looking for I bomb the last search feed with a bunch of random junk searches.  Cars, dvds, books, collectables, etc.

Now there is no telling what I've showed actual interest in. 

mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered

From the home page? There is a remove searches link under the list of items.

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
Community Member
Answered
How do I remove all past history
Community Member
Answered

There is also a show/hide activities buttons there now too-just click on to hide them.

Community Member
Answered

how to delete ebay search history