eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Help! Guide Drop-down Menu Doesn't work. ebay won't fix it. Can't delete it

Hey, anybody else getting STOPPED by ebay from managing your guides? I have complained for WEEKS now- but ebay won't fix the problem; they only send me canned messages after making me wait days without any response.
The problem is that the Drop-Down menu, which is located to the right of the Edit link (the blue color down arrow) DOES NOT WORK. I cannot Delete or remove any of my guides because these features are only accessible from the Drop-down menu! I don't want to EDIT my guides- I want to DELETE.
After getting nowhere with customer support- getting "I am an idiot & don't know how to use my own computer" messages saying I need to clear my cache & cookies and set my java script properly- which is all horse you-know-what (I have used my computer correctly for many years now); I finally got ebay to admit they have a system malfunction. But they won't fix their failure.
After a couple of weeks of complaining & getting treated like I don't know anything, I got frustrated & asked if I cancel my account, will that delete my guides? I waited another couple of days just to find out cancelling will not delete guides. So I am trapped by ebay- they are holding my guides without providing any way to manage them.
This seems like it is a deliberate action (or lack of it) by ebay to prevent me from removing my guides. Ebay guides generate internet activity for ebay, and results in them making money. I don't believe ebay wants to fix their admitted system malfunction, and they are making no attempt to fix it. It is not that hard- they have a properly working Edit link, they can easily make a Delete link and get rid of the drop-down menu that doesn't work.
I'd like to hear if any other guide writers are Locked Out from using your drop-down menu too?
Please use plain text.
guidereader
Community Member

in reply to experience.counts
try it now, it should be working!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

my drop down boxes in my ebay won't drop does anyone now why this is please ?
Please use plain text.
guidereader
Community Member

mine works and even on the guides i wrote awhile back but never got around to finsihing, jhayton123, i don't see any guides for you?
Please use plain text.