eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

How long should you wait on the seller for a refund?

So long story short, I purchased a defective iPod that the seller claimed was in good working order when it shipped. She agreed that once I had it checked by an Apple tech (my suggestion since she insisted it was fine) and they confirmed my suspicions, she would refund me once she got the return. So I had it checked by an Apple tech, copied the printout he gave me and mailed her the iPod. Per tracking info the ipod was delivered to the seller Feb14. I didn't hear anything from the seller so I contacted her to make sure she got it and she responded the next day that yes, she got it but she had no idea how to refund money. So I explained to her in the most descriptive way possible how to do so through PayPal. That was 2 days ago and I still have yet to hear anything back from her, or get refunded my money. How long should I wait until I contact her again? It's just this situation has been dragging on for weeks now and it's getting frustrating to say the least. At what point do you say, you know what? I'm going to file a claim. This lady is hard to read it takes her days at a time to respond to my emails but when she does she sounds all apologetic so I can't tell if she's just playing me and trying to back out of her contract to refund my money. Thank you for the help!

Please use plain text.
babylove80jr
Community Member

Re: How long should you wait on the seller for a refund?

in reply to dteckangel

I would open the SNAD dispute now.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dteckangel

file the claim with ebay now

age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dteckangel

If I open a dispute do I run the risk of getting negative feedback from the seller? The only time I ever had to open a dispute it was against a seller that was permanently banned from ebay for selling fake gold lol. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dteckangel

Never mind. I forgot sellers can't leave negative feedback on their buyer. I'll give her till tomorrow in case for some reason she doesn't do business on here on the weekend. I doubt that's the case but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
3662marina
Community Member

in reply to dteckangel

That's is very considerate of you. She may very well be spending time with her family on the weekends. 

Please use plain text.
redneck_with_duct_tape
Community Member

in reply to dteckangel

We sellers are not corporations like u think

Bubba Redneck
5100079218_IMG_0711.JPG
Please use plain text.