eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Ebay is a rip off!!!!

I have accidently issued a refund to one of my buyer before i got the item back. No one who works at EBAY OR PAYPAL can reverse this refund when i only made it 45 minutes ago. I have contacted all the people i can call including my BANK. Ebay and Paypal tranfered me 50000 times. i have no respect for a company who doesnt have any answers to my question and just want to continue to tranfer sellers/buyer. If i dont get my money or item soon. There will be more serious problems! 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Ebay is a rip off!!!!

in reply to bjarrett10

Sorry, but it was your mistake, not eBay's, Paypal's, or your bank's fault. I do understand how frustrating and aggravating it must be to be transferred several times and still have no answers. But, again, this was your mistake.

Please use plain text.
myangelandmyprincess
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

so you making a mistake of refunding makes ebay a rip off?

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

you want others to fix a mistake you made, you made it so accept it

age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

So Op, what was the problem with that "genuine" Coach bag that's being returned?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

She has the stain in the bag that i took pictures of. So she wants a return, which is fine with me. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

I understand it is my fault but they shouldn't give people false hope. Saying this person will take care of it and you are transferred around. I would rather them say WE CANT DO ANYTHING then say they can.  

Please use plain text.
myangelandmyprincess
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

I understand it is my fault but they shouldn't give people false hope. Saying this person will take care of it and you are transferred around. I would rather them say WE CANT DO ANYTHING then say they can.  

yeah they have a tendency to tell people what they think they want to hear rather than actual ebay policy...although in their defense I'm not sure they KNOW ebay policy so it may not be on purpose.

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

I feel your pain! I recently had a case opened on me and when I went in and showed the tracking number in the resolution center that showed delivered, I copied and pasted the number hit send and low and behold the BUYER gets a refund...STILL dont know how that happened.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

UPDATE... I got my item back...lucky my buyer was honest enough to send it back

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

So ebay isn't a rip off like you originally stated?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

You did hit the refund button not feebay

Please use plain text.
crazy_daisy01
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

If this is the first time you have ever sold on ebay then you need to take the time to learn the rules/terms asap. Mistakes like this can kill a business that is just getting up off the ground and learning all you can BEFORE you sell is the best way to protect yourself and grow a successful ebay business.

The other posters have told you correctly. Only issue the refund after the item has been received & if any other issues arise it would be best to come to the boards first since sellers know more then ebay reps 98% of the time.

Fail to plan & you can plan to fail. This is you're account and it will only be as successful as You make it. ;-)

Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the One who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference. -Max Lucado
Please use plain text.
wiwauctions
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

eBay's new fee structure is cheaper to list, but my final value fees have gone up 58%.

They say they make it easier for their sellers with 1 flat rate, what it really means is a major fee increase without call it an increase.

Check your eBay bill, but make sure you are seated when you do.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

thanks I know that. I explained more in the post

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

I think it still is. Cause I never got answers at all. They had rather n sugar coat my issue. Then say they couldn't help 

Please use plain text.
family*mom
Community Member

in reply to bjarrett10

I sold two of the exact items....One buyer was happy, the other wanted a refund.  So...being nice, I paid for the return shipping and had the buyer send the item back.  Only problem was that I accidentilly sent the refund to the satisfied customer.  Once you give money through Paypal, it is there, you can't get it back unless the person is an honest one and will refund it.  

Well, the buyer who received the wrongful refund wasn't responding to me, and I called Paypal who called him directly and I received the refund the next day.

I was very grateful since I was the one who made the mistake, and I was at the mercy of another person's values and ethics.  

Just be pleasant, see if Paypal will contact your buyer to refund the money.  

Please use plain text.