eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

Buyer says box arrived empty, gets refund, really has item, won't return

Ok this is happening everywhere! A friend sold an item to which the buyer accepted the box, then reported to the seller the box was empty! The seller, in good faith gave the buyer a full refund, and the Postal service would not issue insurance as the item WAS delivered! Fact, the buyer DOES have the item and is trying to resell! When caught, promised to return the item, yet instead is still trying to resell, using the original seller's auction info! What course of action can the seller take?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Buyer says box arrived empty, gets refund, really has item, won't return

in reply to dol4rob

very little can now be done as seller volentarily refunded.

but i'd file a lost/stolen package if it ever happens again. if you inform buyer of this they most times find the item.

age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dol4rob

File postal fraud charges .  Email the dirtbag and tell him that the time to pay for his crimes has arrived. 

Immediately file a police report with the US postal police.  Stealing the mail is a FEDERAL CRIME.

MAKE COPIES OF THE Actual auction page too . Call ebay and PAYPAL and tell them what happened. They need to mark this scumbag's record.

Place a  bid on that item RIGHT NOw just to make sure that the auction CANNOT BE EDITED.

EMAIL the scumbag and tell him that he is going down. Tell him , that unfortunately his crime is also going to effect his entire family.

The ONLY way that you will 'Call off the dogs" is if he fully REFUNDS your friend within 24 hours!  Tell him to send the payment as  cash/service.

Hopefully, he will return the money..

If he does,  you need to report him anyway.  He did NOT just steal from you , he stole  from every U.S. citizen that pays taxes.  and from every Ebay seller that pays fees.  Do NOT let him getaway with it..

MAKE SURE THAT YOU PLACE 1 BID  TO MAKE SURE THAT THE AUCTION IS NOT EDITED!

If you don't want to bid, put the item # here ....

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dol4rob

If the item was insured must be over $250 so you can also file a complaint with internet theft for anything $100 on up go here to this web address also inform the seller/buyer that you are making this complaint give him this web address too they send the complaint to that person's local police department will go to the address to investigate http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx  hope this will help you someone bought from me awhile back did the same thing refunded in good faith kept my necklace so I sent him that web address gave him 24hrs to credit my Paypal account or send it back with delivery confirmation it best be in the box or the complaint will be filed and a copy emailed to you. Got the necklace back in 3 days sorry for rambling but it is a tool for you Bonnie

Please use plain text.