eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

thingspast*n*presence
Community Member

Help identify art pottery vase

I have this 4 handle signed art pottery vase...It has a Mauve Mulberry flambe kind of glaze with some minor crazing..I can't make out the signature...can anyone help?...

Thanks in advance...

Melissa

DSCN7019.JPG
thingspast*n*presence
Community Member

Re: Help identify art pottery vase

in reply to thingspast*n*presence

Another picture..

DSCN7015 a1(2).jpg
Community Member

It would help to see a few pictures of the entire piece.  Someone might recognize the style easier than the faint markings on the bottom.

Community Member

in reply to olivialouis2005

I apologize, I answered too soon.  :smileylol:

Community Member

Here is one with a clearer mark.  We are getting close!  :smileywink:

Sold for $65.57

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/art-pottery-four-handled-purple-glaze-4-bulbous

thingspast*n*presence
Community Member

The system would not let me upload more than one picture at a time...lol...

Thank you for your response, advice..and time...

:-}

Community Member

It really does have some similarities to Pisgah Forest Pottery but I just can't match up the markings.  I am thinking maybe an overseas pottery?  It is a nice looking piece.  Good luck!

thingspast*n*presence
Community Member

Thanks for the info!!...I had never heard of " Pisgah Forest Pottery" before..neat stuff!!...

One of the signatures looks almost like it spells Olsson...but it is so difficult to be sure...

Thanks so much for trying to help..

:-}

thingspast*n*presence
Community Member

Wow!!! I can't believe it....There it is!!!....Great research!!!...Thanks so much!!!....Still can't make out the name...but like you said...we're closer!!

Thanks sssoooo much!!!

Community Member

No problem.  The more I look at this vase the more I think the style is that of one of the southern American potteries.  The only reason I suggested it might be overseas is because of the markings.  They almost look like they are in a different language. 

Anyway, I took another look and found one more.  The markings on the bottom are a little clearer but I still can't make them out.  Hopefully someone with better eyes than me can figure it out, lol.  :smileyvery-happy:

$45.88 in 2007

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-american-art-pottery-vase-4-handles-fulper

thingspast*n*presence
Community Member

Wow....I LOVE the Purple one!!!...Kudos on your research skills!!!....Do you subscribe to Worthpoint?....Sales from 2007...whith pictures....wow...I looked around the site...but can't figure out where they get their information...I used to use a service that was limited to eBay...and did not go back far enough to make their fee worthwhile...What is your opion of Worthpoint???

Thanks again dearest olivialouis2005...You rock!!!

Melissa :-}

Community Member

Ok, this is too funny!  I was going through some of my watched items and I have been watching a vase with the same marks.  It is a different shape but looks to be the same maker.  The vase is currently listed but here is a link to a completed auction where it did not sell.  The mystery continues!  :smileywink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unusual-Blue-Crackle-Glaze-Art-Pottery-Glaze-Signed-lots-of-Marks-Unknown-/3...

Community Member

We actually like Worthpoint.  We have been selling for several years now and can't tell you how many time when reacearching an item, the only sales history we could find for a comparable was on WP.  So we broke down and subscribed about a year ago.  You only have to subscribe if you want the sales prices for items.  Anyone can search through the site and look at the descriptions for reasearch purposes.  

Keep in mind though, none of the information in the listings is verified but it has still been a great resource for us.

thingspast*n*presence
Community Member

LOL....That is so weird...That piece is obviously from the same company....she guesses the middle east??....and looking closly ....it does kind of  look like there is something written that is not english...perhaps? egyptian?....I really like their pottery...so many pieces..and no one seems to know who made them...frustrating ....:smileyfrustrated:....PS...Thanks for calling attention to the emotocons button....LOL....This is fun...:smileyvery-happy:

Community Member

Lol, anytime!

thingspast*n*presence
Community Member

Thanks again...I'm going to look more closely at Worthpoint...If they don't just concentrate on eBay sales...sounds like it might be a timesaver....for sure...:heart:

Community Member

Most of the listings are by eBay but they use other sites as well.

P.S.  I sent you a message.  :smileyhappy: