eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
ola402
Community Member

Glass - Are these goblets ABP? What is the pattern or maker if you know?

ABP is my worst area so help would be most appreciated with these goblets.  They are water goblets measuring 6" high and 3 1/2" diameter at the top.  It looks like they hold about 10 - 12 ounces although I didn't measure.  I see no areas with gray cuts.  Can't find a mark, but they do appear to be very high quality.  I looked at the cuts closely and they appear to be tight with no overlaps.  Hopefully, you can see well enough with these photos.  Thanks!

goblet1.JPG

goblet2.JPG

goblet3.JPG

Pam
Please use plain text.
ola402
Community Member

Re: Glass - Are these goblets ABP? What is the pattern or maker if you know?

in reply to ola402

Bump

Pam
Please use plain text.
gopetersen
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to ola402

ABP is one of my weak spots too. I have a couple of bells that might be ABP but I'm not completely sure.

One thing I noticed about your goblet is the stem tapers wider at the bottom, rather than toward the top. Most ABP goblet stems I've seen tend to be wider near the top.

Yours might be a rare APB pattern style or something else, but that detail caught my attention.

Your goblet appears to be good quality. Those cuts at the bottom of the bowl are very deep and quite graceful.

If you can't find a matching ABP pattern, you could try looking at Edinburgh crystal patterns. They also have the starburst cuts in the base.

Imperlux sometimes have the starburst and sometimes were quite deeply cut. Keep in mind that Imperlux wasn't always the maker. As far as I've been able to determine, they sold good quality crystal from a number of Bohemian studios (including east Germany). I was tempted to suggest Zajecar as well, but your goblet style isn't typical for them, so that might be a long shot.

Please use plain text.
ola402
Community Member

in reply to gopetersen

Thank you!  I'll try your suggestions to see what I can find.  

Pam
Please use plain text.