eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
how long does a buyer have to pay for their items
how much time does a buyer have to pay for their won items before the seller can post it for reauctioning?
Other Answers: 22
kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10
"help me how to deal with people." Probably by reading eBay's policies. No idea how to set Reserve? Irrelevant--you had a winner. Relisting after only 2 days? That winner had every right to go ballistic. Your eBay selling is not going to be much longer if you decide to make up your own rules.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10
I am running into this problem I had someone buy a picture and took two days and still didn't pay for it. Then I emailed them and told them I would relist it if they didn't want it. So I waited acouple of hours and relisted. She messaged me later and went balastic and said she would report me to ebay. I don't understand when you pay for something in the store you pay for it right now. If you don't have the money then don't buy on ebay that is mypolicy when buying something so I can pay for it right away. I just can't please anybody then this other lady I put on line a sweatshirt and didn't get the money I wanted for it. So I emailed her right away and told her I would relist it I had no idea how to do reserve price now she is trying to get it frozen help me how to deal with people.
cgravlin
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

This is what I found to answer this question(@http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unpaid-item.html): 

Policy overview

When a buyer wins an item or uses Buy It Now to purchase an item, the buyer is obligated to complete the purchase by sending full payment to the seller.

If a buyer doesn't pay within 2 days, a seller can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center. If the buyer still doesn't pay or reach some other agreement with the seller, eBay may record the unpaid item on the buyer's account.

When an unpaid item case closes without payment from the buyer, the seller is eligible to receive a final value fee credit to their seller account. Also, if the seller relists the item and it sells the second time, eBay may refund the insertion fee for the relisting. Learn more about managing unpaid items andreceiving insertion fee credits.

Excessive unpaid items on a buyer's account may result in a range of consequences, including limits on or loss of buying privileges. Even if you don't have excessive unpaid items, we may limit your buying until you've established a good buying history or paid for the items you've committed to.

mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10
DON'T relist until you have closed the unpaid item process.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10
noah You posted "I just can't please anybody then this other lady I put on line a sweatshirt and didn't get the money I wanted for it. So I emailed her right away and told her I would relist it" If you did not get the amount you wanted for the item and did not sell it to the buyer then that is called a "Non Performing Seller". You will get kicked off Ebay for that. First you will have your selling privileges limited and then you will be booted. On the other point, if a buyer cannot pay then file an unpaid item dispute and wait for the case to be closed if she doesnt pay. If you relist before the case is closed then you will recieve a NPS from one of those buyers, most likely the first buyer. The first buyer did not pay in 2 days, So What ! A buyer has 4 days to pay before you file an unpaid item dispute. "help me how to deal with people." The problem is not the people. The problem is your selling tactics. You have two issues in your post... non performing seller from one buyer and.. another non performing seller from the other two buyers. You really need to read Ebay help on selling practices and policy because these two issues you have will end your selling career in a week. Oh wait I see you sold a hoodie and wanted more money for it. Thats one negative for you. And your feedback stars are at 4.6 on some of them. One more complaint from a buyer WILL limit you severely. All those listings you have will get pulled and you will only be able to list one or two items and be expected to get perfect feedback. This is no joke.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

What if I am a buyer who purchased an item, requested for the total price (shipping included) and the invoice reply from the seller did not come back. It's already 4 days since I sent my first total price request. I cannot pay without getting the invoice.

I've sent the message to the seller asking him to contact me but so far I didn't get any reply.

What can/should I do next?

smaillots
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

5 days

ruths_dream
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

Hi any buyer has 2 FUll days after the 2nd day go to resolution center top right its under customer support open a Unpaid item case then that buyer has 4 more days to pay if they do not go back on the 4th day and close it. you get your fees back and that Non Payer gets a nice lil X after 2 X's Us sellers can and do Block them.

everything you sell you pay ebay fees on thats why you open unpaid item cases to get your fees back

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
76ronrich
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

When it is becoming more and more common for people to create Ebay accounts simply to outbid the highest bidder and not pay when the auction closes, how do I sell an item that loses it's value every day?

I even noted "no 0 feedback bidders please," and they continue to bid regardless...after contacting the 0 feedback auction winner, (2 days went buy) he said there's something wrong with his card and to wait a few days. I have to sell this item fast or it will depreciate rapidly, what can I do?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

This has happened to me several times within the last month. But what I dont like is the process of waiting till the buyer responds, then you must relist it again. It's good to open a case especially when you've been charged fees.

www.macsplusmore.com

designerrosaries4u
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

I say, do what you want to do with your merchandise. After all, it's yours. Neither Ebay nor the customer can force you to send something. Atthe end of the day, whether you're a seller or a consumer, you're always still a customer of Ebay and they will aim to please you to keep all the other business you bring aside from one negative experience. Money talks, bull**bleep** walks.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

Any idea what to do when you commit to buy an item and the seller's account won't let you pay for it?

I always pay very promptly when I commit to buy or win an auction, but this time when I went to pay through PayPal for a rather expensive item after I committed to buy it, an error popped up telling me the seller's PayPal account cannot accept my payment at this time and to contact the seller. Well I certainly did - twice over the last several days! I've been trying to pay for the item every single day multiple times a day but the error still pops up saying the seller's account cannot accept my payment. Still haven't received any response from the seller so I finally sent them a 3rd email asking to be released from all purchasing obligations. Sorry but sellers can't force buyers to wait indefinitely on transaction issues while other (and better) deals for the same item go passing on by, especially when the seller doesn't respond to the buyer's payment error inquiries. If you're going to commit me to buy and expect me to pay promptly, then you better make sure the transaction process will run smoothly on your end, or else as a consumer I have the right to shop elsewhere. I've done all I know how to do, read all about the payment errors and solutions, made sure all my ducks were in a row with funds and PayPal account info and all that, but in the end I guess the money's still in my bank and I'll decide what I get to do with it.

gratefuldeadonline
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10
A seller will generally wait until the unpaid item process is complete before relisting. At least, it's always advisable to wait untill that process is complete. Sellers can begin the dispute at day four, and close it after another four days if payment isn't sent. eBayrecommends that buyers pay immediately, or within three days- although that is only a recommendation and isn't binding. All of your recent purchases except one appear to be beyond four days ago. If you are asking about any of those purchases, the sellers would be well within their rights to expect payment and begin a dispute.
cheryl6911
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

I would communicate by email, Due immediately or item will be relisted.  Next time when running an ad, give a time parameter.  Payment must be received within 3 hours or purchase - but make sure it is included in your ad.  Just a suggestion.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

I think you have 2 days, but after the 48 hours, the seller can submit a claim that they have not received their payment. 

Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

You should be listing things for the price you want to get for them.

You can't change your mind about the money you want for an item after a buyer wins an auction and agrees to pay the offered price for the item.  That is called being a Non performing Seller. You agreed to sell something at a price and the buyer accepted.  It's not their problem if you set the price too low or it wasn't bid up to the price you would like.

You made the situation even worse by relisting it.

If you keep doing that eBay will revoke your seller privileges permanently.  It's also called offer and acceptance.  It's basic business law and it's also built into the sellers agreement for eBay.

I would suggest if there is a price you want for an item then set up the auction  initially with that price, maybe even a buy it now auction.If you don't know what the price should be then I would suggest looking for comparabley sold items for a reference to set up your pricing (in other words do a little research.)

The buyer had every right to be angry with your practices.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10
Hello everyone. I recently had an issue with a buyer who won a bid 8 days ago and still hasn't paid. I sent 4 messages already to buyer and no response first 2 were of invoice. Then the other ones regarding payment and if they still wanted item?? She just answered me today saying she really wants it but doesn't have any money until Sept 3. In early afternoon today I had called Ebay and told them no response for 8 days from buyer and item still not paid. They opened a non paying case aganist or whatever you call it. I get a message like half an hour ago from buyer that they still want the item really bad and if I can wait till September 3 for them to pay. I get real cautious about buyers but I think I gave them more than enough time to answer me or pay. I have enough common sense to pay for an item right away or pay it no later than 2 days after auction has ended. So lets see what happens this is the first for me and I dont know whats gonna happen. Thanks everyone for listening.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

Some people are just deadbeats, and they will try and make you wait as long as possible to pay so they can give you a bad rating, or just have something to complain about.  I have run into the same problem.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10
On ebay you have to give a buyer 2 days to pay if not after that you can then open a case for unpaid items. It is your right to claime your fees back if you get them complete time wasters like I have accrued. Hope that helps anyone who looks up forums
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

guys after you ask them to pay 3 or 4 times you should open a case, Incase you dont know how i left a linkl for u guys.

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com

just click i havent recived my payment yet

sail0r-m00n
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10

From what I have observed, I believe payment prefences are at the discreation of the Seller selling the item, put in your description of item what amount of days they have to make payment, if payment not made by time allowance, than open a not paid ebay case and wait for the case to sort out firstly before relisting item.

krissyh10 wrote:
how much time does a buyer have to pay for their won items before the seller can post it for reauctioning?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to krissyh10
4 days