eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Item came with $29.91 postage due seller said he would pay and now will not answer e mails.

The seller said that he would refund the postage due as soon as pay pal released the funds.  I responded that he should be able to do a refund before pay pal released the money.  I never heard back so I sent a second e mail that he has also ignored.  If I have the post office return to sender can I get my money back ?  The item I bought was listed as a " no returns" item.  I would realy like to get it but do not want to pay an additional $30 for it.

Other Answers: 4
Community Member
Answered
in reply to quintenlightyear

I have not paid the money.  The box is still sitting at the post office while I wait for the seller to respond.

pinkflamingo2855
Community Member
Answered

i wouldn't pay extra either, just let the PO send it back, yes you can get a refund......you could try one more message, something like please send the $29.91 as soon as possible or the PO will be returning the package to you as they will only hold it 2 weeks or so.

see if that gets a response.....

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go"
Oscar Wilde
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered

The seller will have to pay the postage due on the return as well as any return shipping charges, if any.

You might want to make him aware of that in your message. Let him know that you will officially refuse the package on Monday, give him time to act.

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered

"...he should be able to do a refund"

sounds to me like you already paid the additional shippng.

if you did, the PO will not refund your $$ and will not ship back as refused.

as for the seller reimbursing you...good luck with that.