eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Indefinite selling restriction, explain?

I'm indefinitely selling restricted for multiple accounts (I think) my question is:when someone is indefinitely restricted does that mean permanantly or at some point is it lifted? Everone I talk to at Ebay says the don't have the specifics so is it an algorithmic random draw or is there a procedure for being considered for reinstatement??:smileyindifferent:

Other Answers: 31
fast_fusion
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to dewayne4151

FU(K-EM. Come over to ioffer.com. On ioffer.com there are no restrictions. I've had buyers try to pull the same old "not as describe" BS on ioffe.comr & it doesn't matter, iOffer.com does not get involved. PayPal doesn't even want to deal with sales that are outside of the eBay realm. PayPal tends to favor the seller with outside sales if a case is opened via PayPal.

Open multiple accounts on other sites, such as, ebid.net, ioffer.com, bonanza.com, etsy.com, amazon.com. Never have all your eggs in one basket especially the eBay basket.

Ebay is sinking and I say let 'em drown.

Many sellers have left, never to return.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I just got restricted from selling FOREVER. I have 100% feedback, NEVER had a negative, but they banned me because "my account is linked" to another account that has issues.

I've only had one account, NEVER had any other one. I tried explaining this to the rep and her supervisor, but no dice. They said I cannot prove my account wasn't linked to any other accounts even though I offered to fax/mail them my ID, bank statements, paypal statements, etc,

I was not given ANY specifics as to why I was actually banned from ever selling again.

I'm extremely upset because I depend on the income I make from ebay, and don't know what else to do.

superduperseller1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I too received the robot controlled message stating I was restricted.  It did not give a time frame, reason, or anything.  I called in which I spoke to someon in India that I could barely understand who told me that it was an indefinite restriction.  I have all above standards with the lowest being 6 ratings of 1 or 2 (out of 5) out of 248 total ratings.  My feedback is 99.3%.  This all happened when I got my first negative feedback in over 6 months.  I don't know what triggered it but Ebay needs to give a waning message then give the seller to "X" date to improve so we know when we will be evaluated.  Even on a job, you are given more than one chance.  Ebay will have no more sellers and will have to kiss the high 10% fee goodbye because everyone will be suspended.  No good business Ebay.  We, the sellers, are who make the money for you.  

dealdalian
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

Ebay sucks. I have had my account restricted as well and its complete BULL**bleep**

writetonys
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I Am Also in the Same boat! They do not care about the seller You can't even protect yourself from fraud! I have been on here since 1999 and they just kicked me to the curb!

Tony

HTTP://AFDEALS.COM

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

After being a member for 11 years and having a 99% positive feedback I received the same message today saying that I was indefinitely restricted from selling. I won't be coming back and I will definitely be using my online marketing presence as much as possible to steer people away from selling on this site. I must admit eBay is great for buying, but as a powerseller I must say that eBay doesn't give two BLEEPS about us. This site will eventually die out to another sales platform due to the way that they treat they're sellers..... ESPECIALLY THE SELLERS THAT MAKE THEM ALL OF THE DOUGH. They will get what's coming to them.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

Same story here, 100% positive feedback, 5 stars across the board, and no one at ebay can even tell me why my account was restricted, lol.  So bad, but yeah, I've moved to selling on other sites with lower fees.  I not only have taking my selling business elsewhere, I also take my buying business elsewhere since ebay still makes money when I buy stuff here too.  Ebay is a perfect example of why we need gov't oversight for consumer advocacy, since once a company gets so big, the only entity that can touch them is the govt.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I think that ebay deserves some spanking in terms of class action lawsuit.

LET'S COPE TOGETHER HIRE AN ATOURNEY AND KICK THEIR SMARTASSES.

They advised me to send a money via mail to a certain address and than they will uplift my suspension, because I couldn't access my account and they couldn't help me to change my logon credentials due to their inability and incompetence to provide customer service(ARE they SERIOUS???). I don't think that it's the right thing to do because I don't even know if I owe these money at all and obviously can't access an invoice.

They also have lots of bugs and their system isn't working as supposed to work. Their support stuff is getting lost but would NEVER give you back your account up unless you find the way to pay them.

Greedy should pay twice or more and every greedy should know that. While my account is restricted it's restricted from generating at least 10 times the amount I owe in one month. On the top of that THEY SHOULD PAY even more for lowsuit hits. The harder the better. Financial lashes teach and educate!

The charges they're about to face is embezzlement and harrasment to receive funds in order for seller to return to normal business operation.

They started doin' audits on all of the account and if you happen to have the obsolete account like i had 14 years ago than chances your live account gets restriction is HUGE and more likely DEFINITE.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I've also been restricted from selling indefinitely. eBay's policies have always been my number one priority, but it seems that doesn't really matter because my account was restricted anyway. I cannot say the customer services is the best, because you don't get a chance to actually appeal your case with them. The Call centre seems to be a huge joke where they curculate calls around and around without actually solving the problem. I would advise all sellers to not sell any branded items on eBay even if you have the documents to prove they are Authentic. Ebay treats all sellers horribly as if your a criminal. I have an excellent selling record including 100% positive feedback etc and all my items I've ever sold on ebay are authentic, but does ebay care? Will they even take the time to investigate it? Definitely not!  When I opened my account over a year ago even before I made my first sale or listed a single thing, ebay suspended my account for absolutely no reason what so ever. To make matters worse that account suspension was thrown in my face for having a previous record of violating ebay's policy when I appealed the current selling restriction. My rights have been completely violated because of ebay's system. Their verifying system really does not work. There is no protection for both parties buyers or sellers.

purplepurse55
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

Glad I'm not the only one.

I have also recently had my seller's account suspended indefinitely. I have been an eBay member since 2009 and have completed over 600 transactions with an overall feedback rating of over 99%. My account was suspended because I had too high a percentage of 'unresolved cases' (i.e. ones where the buyer had escalated the cases to customer support). In two of the cases mentioned, the buyer had escalated the case before I had been able to respond to their queries/concerns. In the other two, the buyers simply escalated the cases midway through my discussions with them. In all four of the cases, the buyers had launched a case against me without having first emailed me to discuss their grievances.

As other eBayers will no doubt be aware, the ridiculous thing with this system is that there is no incentive for buyers not to escalate their cases to customer support. After all, why go through the hassle of emailing a seller and talking over your grievances when you can just escalate your case to customer support and get a full refund!? This is obviously what went through the minds of the buyers I dealt with and this is why my seller's account is now suspended indefinitely.

I appreciate that eBay needs to protect buyers from unscrupulous sellers, but surely there should also be some consideration of the damage that selfish/lazy buyers can do to sellers.

ruths_dream
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

:smileysurprised: naughty........  dunno re call ebay ask for a supervisor and do not hang up until you get your answers.:-D

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

eBay restrcted my account today with no reason and this is ridiculous. Please do not trust ebay any more just start you own website and promote it via google adword instead of paying **bleep**ing 10% fee.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

Wow.  I have to admit that I'm glad that I'm not the only one that this has happned to, but good Lord you would think that eBay wouldn't want to shoot themselves in the foot like this either?  Absolutely crazy.  I too woke up one morning, had over 50 items listed for sale and actively being sold, and poof, my seller account is restricted indefinitely.  I have called twice, six months apart, trying to get it reinstated, but they just tell me...after being on hold for 30 minutes...that there is nothing they can do.  Absolute bullsh!t if you ask me.  Sad that eBay wants to depend on big business drop shippers and screw over the little small business guy.  Anyone want to get together and start up a better site for small business owners only???

mckaca2014
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I was just restricted as well. I had a buyer account and a selling account. spent 3 hrs on the phone and got 3 different stories. **bleep** Ebay is a lost cause. My fmily has been using ebay since they opened. Sold millions of dollars worth of stuff. Now they all want to pull out. **bleep** ebay

medvedev78v2
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I have been on ebay since 2003.  I've probably made ebay $30k since then from selling fees, not counting the paypal revenue and at least that much from buying on ebay.  I have 1 negative feedback over 1900 positive.  This business relationship, over 10 years, means NOTHING to ebay.  They arbitrarily cancelled my account.  I called to ask why and they had no explanation other than I was a "high risk seller". 

Of course, they don't want to cancel my buying account because they want me to still make $$$ for them.  I am closing my account and will not be back.  You know what?  It's a great thing.  Between the 25% final value fees and paypal's cut, you weren't getting much value anyways.  I sold as much as I could off ebay and it always worked out better.

the_kaiba_corp
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

SCREW EBAY. They limited my account after i bought a pre sell item from a "top-rated" seller only to sell my own product but the person i bought from never sent my item so i had to refund everyone i sold to so i received a few negatives which is understandable but the item i bought to re sell from the top rated seller was refunded and the that top rated seller is gone now because of so many ppl not getting their pre ordrers in may. but they basically took me down with them!! I called ebay to figure out what to do to improve my below standard because it was pretty bad. I was below in nearly every category for a moment. 3 months later i had nearly 500 positives in a row and the only had one category to get out of below standard but before my next evaluation they closed my account! :WKERJ$@OI@$(P*@U$(#@*T@$ **bleep** !!!!! 

Here's the breakdown:

If you get a low rating (either a 1 out of 5 or 2 out of 5) for any category, ebay will count it for three months so you have to sell 100 items WITH 5 STAR FEEDBACK to make up for the bad one. 

If you don't sell enough, you get restricted.

But they limit your selling so how can you accomplish that? 

You can't.

So screw EVERY SELLER out there by giving them positive feedback but giving them a 1 rating for every category. Ebay will have to restrict everyones account if more people knew that's all it takes. Don't even need to give a neg. Just a 1 star rating.

rachelmoira
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151
Hello all, I was just hit with the same indefinite suspension. Let's take a second to look at my history. Seller for two years, over 500+ sales. Most of my sales came from jewelry and most of it being sterling. Nothing was too high end and I never sold a item over 400$. I have always followed ebays rules. I give excellent service, I ship the very next day no natter what, I put everything and i mean everything in a brand new 6x6 cardboard box with tissue paper, one sheet of industrial large bubble wrap at top and bottom of box, I put the item in a gift bag or gift box as well and always it looks like 1,000,000$. I have had 4 neg feedbacks, and 1 neutral fb. And we all know that there is crazy and just miserable with life buyers you could sell a 1000$ item to for 5$ with free shipping and they would still find a reason to leave negative feedback or less than five stars. Well I had a run of those buyers. But that was in ny first year and since I have had 5* all the way. I called ebay to have them re check my seller rating because it had me under standard. I ran ny reports and not only was I above standard I should have still been a powerseller. I appealed that fact four days ago....I wake up today and theres my walking paper saying goodbye to me. I recently visited a site called ebaysucks.com. it is eerie and everything this anonymous person said is rapidly coming true. You must visit this site. This person I honestly believe is a disgruntled ex corporate big wig. Please if you hate ebay as much as I do and as much as it soulds like you do....visit ebaysucks.com. and then try paypalsucks.com. for the future and true inside story about the rapidly advancing death of ebay. You will understand then. Ebay does suck. And they are going to get what's coming to them....by their own knife will they fall. R.I.p. ebay
schoolwearunited
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

As you can see, eBay has no loyalty for old members. Member since 2003. Got a message at 20:47 last night to say my account has been restricted indefinitely as a seller.

I can understand if I’m a new seller but old sellers should be treated a better. Called to ask if I could speak to the correct team and they said no you cannot speak to them which I thought was unfair. Just to let you know my DSR is 4.8 out of 5 for the last year. If buyers can have 3 strikes, why can’t sellers?

As you know, when you get too big, you forget about the people that helped you to get big!!!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I also have indefinite restriction feel done

glenda
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

Hi dewayne4151

Generally speaking, you should presume that "indefinite" equals "forever."

You could try contacting eBay in a year from the date the restriction started; many problems "slide off" a record in a year.

moniz59
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I believe ebay does this from the complaints they get. Wether it be slow shipping, lack of communication,I believe shipping fees is a big one  or someone flagging what you are selling for any reason. Even if you are selling under shipping fee costs someone can leave feedback you are over pricing your shipping fees. Overall call ebay and try and work it out. Otherwise try using craigslist or your local papars. There is a lot of free ways to sell if you research it. I hope this helped and I hope this doesn't get flagged.

everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

Having multiple accounts is allowed but using those accounts to bid you your items or someone else you know items, better know as shill bidding, then that is worthy of such a suspension and it would require the use of multiple accounts,

The restriction is indefinite...then it is a suspension not a restriction and you may not ever be allowed to sell again.

moniz59
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I am wondering if any person who gets restricted has an ebay store? I am wondering where ebay makes more $$'s from people with stores that the people who use the free listings have no leg to stand on.  Ebay makes whatever rules they want for us little guys.

julia.att
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I too have been banned today, I am gutted. I have 100% and no negatives or neutral. I posted 3 times a week but got low DSR's for delivery time despite multiple weekly postings. I just don't know what to say.

iofferdirect
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

Best  Place i should say is join alternatives sites. Once there are indefinite selling restrictions , they trace you from your finicial info. Like banks , dob, credit history etc. 

First of all they restricted me for having low standards. When this system is introduced in 2009 but now complete ban..

I moved to swiftsaves.com 

c.carolines-chic-closet
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I am agreeing with !  eBay is all about the buyer and drop-ship sellers for the last two years.  eBay has some seller protection, but not much.  I have just been restricted too even though I got my scores up over the summer; since I am a teacher I do not eBay a lot during the school year.  Once you are restricted from selling, you are done.  The buyers have all the power in the world of eBay.  I hope they go belly up!  The executives at eBay are the only people who are making any real money off this site anyway! 

C.C. McGrain:womansad:

ashleyprstn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

This happened to me today, I am not sure why either! I have had 1 negative Feedback in years (item was lost in mail and I refunded IMMED without questions asked, and she still left neg feedback) I am so mad!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

I was just resricted also claming I was linked to another account, I was on the phone for 1 hour with ebay and they couldn't give me specifics other than my 29 yo son has the same name as me and his account was suspended for non payment of fees. I'm also going to be suspended in 21 days...so be it!!!!

everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

You are the one that originally said it was for multiple accounts....you did not say it was seller performance.

If you are going to come here for answers it would be best to disclose everything correctly in your first post and not change what you say.

dewayne4151
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

@everything

Well it says restricted:

Access to your eBay account has been restricted for violations of eBay’s Seller Performance Standards policy.

Our top priority is to ensure that eBay remains a safe and reputable place to buy and sell. At this stage, we cannot permit you to continue to sell with this account due to the nature of the policy violations and the number of issues you have outstanding with your buyers.

You can continue to make purchases; however you will no longer be able to list items with this account.

For additional information, log into your account and check the My Messages section of My eBay in. If you require assistance with this matter, please contact Customer Support.