eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
brillianceworldwide
Community Member
How long does a not as described case stay open?

A buyer did not read my auction carefully.  I sold an item as used in as is condition.  In the auction I listed out very specifically what was included with the item.  They then complained that something wasn't included when they got it that never was listed as included.  We went back and forth a couple times in the resolution center and now they buyer has gone dark on me.

How long before ebay closes the case and puts the $ back in my paypal account?  I read somewhere that cases remain open for 20 days? but is that from when opened? or when I last emailed responded and they haven't replied?

Other Answers: 4
brillianceworldwide
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brillianceworldwide

I don't understand why they would rule in the buyers favor.  What he received is exactly what was described and he is upset that he didn't get something else.

If I go to target and buy a 4 place setting set of plates, cups, and bowls I don't get upset that it didn't come with the silverware that wasn't on the picture and wasn't in the description of what comes with it.  Why do they offer an option of not accepting returns if they are just going to let people file a claim and return for any unrelated reason?

oldieroomgoddess10gf
Community Member
Answered

I really do not see how you would win a SNAD case like this. I would just hit the Return For Refund and not refund them until you receive your item back. Ebay usually sides with the buyer on such cases.

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered

I read somewhere that cases remain open for 20 days?

Recent change ... now 30 days.

If the buyer does not escalate the case within 30 days of filing the case, the case will be closed in favor of the seller.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/magic-dates-for-sellers/10000000021692683/g.html

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
oldieroomgoddess10gf
Community Member
Answered

I hear what you are saying but eBay almost always sides with the buyer. If you have a return policy noted in your listing then the buyer can return the item for refund. If you do not have a return policy noted then it is quite possible that you will lose your item and your money also because the buyer will be able to keep the item and not return it. Let us know what happens. What is the item # so I can see how the listing is written?