eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I make a formal complaint about eBay?

I am having a terrible time dealing with eBay management. I am seeking a resolution that doesn't require my attorney to contact them, though I will be willing to do so if I get no resolution.

Other Answers: 16
Community Member
Answered
in reply to treasures4you2012
Good luck. They could care less you as a seller. You have no rights. A person can buy things just to slander your good sellers reputation and there is nothing you can do. Thete the most unethical company and they have policies that harbor crimiinals and and increase fraud against the sellers. There is nothing you can do because you got got caught up in there scam in srlling on ebay. The only waybsomeone can change there attituse is if the goverment steps in and fines them or someonebsues them in court and wins a big law suit. The problem is no. one has the money to take on ebay so most likely your **bleep** out of luck.
209realdeal
Community Member
Answered
Well I was kicked off this morning for my ratings...after 8 yrs of selling and almost 700 positive feedbacks ! Didn't even see it coming ! They said my descriptions were not very good either! I sell antiques and 95% of time taking good pictures is the best description ! I was always willing to answer any question a buyer might have at any time of the day or night ! I ran an honest deal on eBay , offered refunds to my buyers and sometimes would reimburse even if they kept item ! eBay LATLEY advised me to ignor a transaction so they would escalate the case get them to admit they tested my item unprofessionally by email . I did eBay informed me I was in the right until a week later and they sidded with buyer because my title said a poss ??? Item of what It may of been I used ? As I seen other sellers doing and it was wrong ! So ok I was excepting it I revived my item back and some pieces were broken and scratched ! I let it go and am taking the loss it's only 75.$ but basically the CS rep told me today I wasn't making enough money to matter to them ! THIS WAS EXTRA INCOME AT TIMES FOR US AND COMES AS A SHOCK! How a comp with a great rep could just throw you away With out warning !
mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered

Your attorney may not even take on the complaint unless you have complied fully with every policy and procedure.  Could you tell us the problem and maybe we would have some educated input?

Community Member
Answered

How do I make formal complain about Ebay customer service ? All my listings are relisted. All my sales gone down, I had selling end of season in a loss. and ebay does not contact me before refunding.

mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered

Calling the CS line is not the correct venue for what you want.  You'd have to find the contact info for eBay corporate.

But, as I said, maybe we could save you the headache.

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered

Okay - go ahead.

Let us know what the attorney does for you.

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.
Community Member
Answered

If you can't or Won't obey ebay's Policies and procedures then I recommend not using Ebay (Attorneys would just laugh at this), with that -1 score you wont be able to do much buying or selling on Ebay if at all. If you want to continue then I suggest reading the policies and procedures and also reading the Answer Center-which other Sellers and buyers like myself can give you advice, I used the answer center when I first started to avoid pitfalls and non paying buyers, this is an excellant Place to learn, you learn from OTHER Members and I would strongly suggest you do, we are here to help you. I would also recommend buying small items and Leaving positive Feedback (so you can get positive feedback as well)  Immediately to help build your score up. Good Luck on whatever decision you make on weither or not you continue with Ebaying.

karl*katz
Community Member
Answered
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered

Sorry, but if you are referring to the negative FB you received, it does not qualify for removal.

If you do not have proof of delivery of the item to the buyer, the FB is true ... and truth is the best defense against libel.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
Community Member
Answered

That is how the ebay works with commitment " Hum nahi sudharange"

lynnscollectiblesnstuff
Community Member
Answered

call and ask to talk to a supervisor and if you get no satisfaction talk to their legal team. C/S reps.just answer phones and give you quick answers, You want to talk in depth

kraloe
Community Member
Answered

Have your attorney read eBay policies, and he will tell you that you don't have a case.

mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered

If you are looking for support for not shipping the sunglasses to the buyer, it's not gonna happen.  You failed to honor the sale and violated policy by circumventing the reserve fee.

ritacummins
Community Member
Answered

Is it true that you offered sunglasses for auction, then refused to ship them to the winning bidder?   So you got a well-deserved negative FB.   Neither Ebay management nor an attorney will take away the negative feedback score you have just now.

having a score less than 1 will make it very difficult for you to either buy or sell on Ebay in the future.

That's the penalty you pay for jumping into selling before taking the time to learn all the ropes.

Go ahead, pay an attorney $300 an hour and he will tell you the same thing.

Community Member
Answered

AS you can see from giftscollectablesetc answer, this forum is full of eBay shills who deny that eBay ever violates its own policies.

And as shills, they would never admit that by violating those policies, they have released you from any contractual obligation.

As you can further see from 209realdeal response, fraud on behalf of eBay representatives is a constant problem (which means that giftscollectablesetc is an outright liar). That's also why eBay refuses to advise you in writing: It's illegal in most states to record a phone call without informing the other party, and eBay will hang up on you if you tell them you're recording the conversation, so telephon-only support is an attempt to hide evidence of their own contract violations.

In other words, this place is a giant class action lawsuit just waiting for someone to find the right lawyer to represent that class. I have stacks of evidence and I want to see several levels of eBay management in jail.

I just spoke up to support your efforts to find a solution. I want to encourage you to spend your time seeking action against eBay, since I don't have that much spare time of my own.

Community Member
Answered

Ebay has the worst customer care team and managers. Have never came across a company who treats its customers (buyers and sellers) in such a way as in: hanging up phone calls, not calling back, and even shouting at their customers! They should not be allowed to have a call centre when even the managers dont have a clue on how to treat people. Does the company have any moral?