eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Has anyone ever had selling restriction lifted?

If you have ever been selling restricted for DSR's and had the restriction lifted, please post your experience here. There is a rumor circulating that when someone is restricted for DSR's those restrictions cannot under any circumstances be lifted. I started heated debate in "technical issues" catagory. I would like Ebay or it's members prove this conspiracy theory wrong.

My personal experience:I've been told on 3 different occasions that I could request a review and administration would consider it. I never heard from Ebay concerning review. Two times I was told by customer service that DSR restrictions were managed automatically by algorithm and my restriction being lifted was quote:Luck of the draw.

So which is the case? Is there a method and protocol to lifting restrictions or is it left to chance or-as the conspiracy theory suggests-are the restrictions permanent and Ebay itself is powerless to reverse it?

Other Answers: 5
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

Doesn't look good... Restrictions in place, even though I had requested changes for over a year... You can choose color and size when shopping for shoes, but can't get that same functionality in ebay motors??  I had several items that required buyers to choose, for example a wire size for a terminal boot, or a lens color for a switch.  But there was no way to add this "required selection" to a listing in eBay motors.  As a result, I endlessly chased customers to provide this, and when, after (company policy) 3 attempts to contact the customer, sent a default item since they did not respond to emails, recieved bad DSR.  Those built up, and here I am... "permanently restricted"

dewayne4151
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

Well let's see... 87 views and not 1 person comes forward to claim having their selling restrictions lifted. Certainly those 87 people were interested in the subject, but no comments from them. Geee I wonder why?

stgeorgevdragonantiques
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151
One of the most interesting subjects in dday forums although taboo perhaps it should be raised more often just to find an answer or get a response from someone who can advise with proof and experience
everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151

The purpose of the boards is not to prove or disprove conspiracy theories.

If you want a discussion then the discussion boards are better suited for this.

The same responders answer in all the categories and there are no eBay employees here......as it states at the top of the A/C, this is a member to member answer board.

Your restrictions will be lifted when eBay decides that you qualify for them to be lifted and not until then.

everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dewayne4151