eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Class Action Lawsuit against ebay for discrimination against seller

I was restricted to my account due to selling Uktraviolet codes to movies I have legally purchased. I was sinled out as there are hundreds of other listings for the same thing. I have contacted ACLU and they are willing to take the case. I tried contacting ebay, but I just got their forein phone lines with no clue to my discrimination.,

Other Answers: 9
Community Member
Answered
in reply to niceguy753

He does have one point........there are a ton of completed auction sales where the only thing for sale was the ultraviolet code from a dvd package. How his was "chosen" and others go through is a mystery.

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to niceguy753

good luck widdat. The ACLU? Are you suing for human rights violations? Are you aware that selling codes is strictly prohibited in the rules? You have very little chance with this one unless you find an area that is NOT clearly restricted. It might have been a better idea to just learn the rules of what is allowed to be sold.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to niceguy753

Ow, I think I pulled a muscle.  Thanks for the chuckle!

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to niceguy753

ACLU? LOL. OK.

But here's what you do--have their lawyers contact eBay's lawyers. That's how lawsuits work, you know. (Didn't ACLU tell you that?) Not by you calling eBay CS.

And good luck with all this. 

*lady*madonna*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to niceguy753

THE ACLU? Are you serious? :smileysurprised:

How were your civil liberties infringed upon because you were violating ebay policy? I don't believe for a second that the ACLU would bother with this.

*There will be an answer, Let It Be.*
annadryl
Community Member
Answered
in reply to niceguy753

not clear here...

you're being singled out but want to start a class-action? those or for large groups of folks (not singles).

don't break the listing rules because others are. they'll eventually be singled out too. then you can all start a class-action lawsuit together.

maggie_kai
Community Member
Answered
in reply to niceguy753

I wasn't sure what an ultraviolet code for a movie was....

You are selling the digital code that came with the Blu-Ray.

Then I see you email the code to the buyer - that's a violation.

Whether you were singled out or not, is not the issue.

You were violating policy and infringing on the copyright owners rights by reselling the digital code that was not intended to be resold.

You have other issues with your feedback and DSRs as well.

Good luck.

dunnohowtowin
Community Member
Answered
in reply to niceguy753

You were "discriminated" against because you chose not to follow the rules that everyone else on eBay must follow?  Seriously?  You must not have told the ACLU the whole story if they actually agreed to take this on.  If everyone must follow the same rules, it's not discrimination to enforce those rules.

Real people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.

ok_so_im_50
Community Member
Answered
in reply to niceguy753

And your question is.....?

"if they actually agreed to take this on."

They didn't. OP is just name dropping.

There was another seller here a few months ago claiming discrimination as if ebay knows personal information about you to discriminate against you. They don't.

OP, unless you see a nativity scene on the courthouse lawn or someone says "God bless you" and you want to sue them, the ACLU will have nothing to do with you.