eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Can a Buyer Leave Feedback on a Cancelled Transaction?

The transaction has officially been cancelled as of today, but I'm worried they can leave neutral or negative feedback.  If they can, it doesn't seem quite fair (since they didn't pay).

Thanks for any help!

Other Answers: 3
inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ohsydneyvintage

Yes the buyer can leave negative feedback on a cancelled transaction as you both mutually agreed to cancel it.

If you had opened and closed an unpaid item case, the buyer could not leave negative feedback.

If this was a problem buyer, why did you let him off the hook with a cancellation? That just leaves him free to do the same to other sellers without conseqences.

Community Member
Answered

They paid for the item, but chose "Local Pickup" as the shipping.  After I offered a few times to send an invoice for the shipping cost (they live across the country from me, they obviously weren't going to be picking it up), I got no response and had to just cancel. 

I could not open it as an Unpaid Item since it showed they had paid.

Thank you for your help.

Community Member
Answered

"Local Pickup" as the shipping, item paid for.

If a person selects local pickup and pays for the items, how do you know they are not sending someone to pick up the item.

i.e. I travel a lot and might select local pickup of a item if I'm in the area.

Or I have family that could be living in the area and could buy the item for them and select local pickup.

So my question is if the buyer paid for the item, then you are not out of any money and if they fail or can not pickup the item then the problem would be on the buyer end and they would lose if they never pickup the item right?

So the question is how many days do you have to pick up a item if you pick local pickup, and what should the seller do if this happens?