eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Photo upload not WORKING on Ebay today

I'm trying to put a lot of stuff for auction today, but the Ebay photo upload doesn't work. I called my friend in San Jose and he says that same thing. is this a system wide error? I wonder if it has something to do with Ebay changing software?

Please use plain text.
ctpackship
Community Member

Re: Photo upload not WORKING on Ebay today

in reply to garagehero

Same in CT. Keep getting an "Oops" message. Tried different browsers and different computer... same thing. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

I can't upload pics either. Is this an Ebay problem?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

Here it is, the 23d, and still not working.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

can't upload in Ohio either...very very frustrating

Please use plain text.
sadiesshop615
Community Member

Re: NEW version Photo uploader not WORKING on Ebay today, BASIC Classic okay though…

in reply to garagehero

Have only had recent problem uploading photos using the NEW uploader, 

(Red triangular "photo upload failed" message appears after upload is apparently completed).

but NEVER so w/  the Basic "CLASSIC" version... 

(It ALWAYS works!!! ]:smileyhappy: ]:smileyhappy: ]:smileyhappy: ).

FYI:
Am using Mozilla Firefox 20.0.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

Adobe Flash is up-to-date, (and is functional...).

All JavaScript for eBay is "enabled"

in reply to garagehero

--with me, the basic uploader won't work as it does not show me a browse button...I can use the standard uploaded but it takes a lot longer...Takes me 4 or 5 clicks per picture versus one on the basic, and  with 10 or 12 pics per listing, the extra time adds up.....And ebay says the standard  has time saving features--please tell me how??..

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

I am having same issues as dnate3

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

Glad to hear(well not really glad), that I'm not the only one having problems....I'm in PA..

We Don't Want the Government to Shut Down

We Want them to SHUT UP!

Please use plain text.
azalicia
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

using tl2 no issues. can you use that, those on pc not apple? I'll try the syi form shortly..

Photobucket
This is NOT the Bendover Boutique, move along now.
Please use plain text.
azalicia
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

I used chrome and the classic loader. New loader spins and spins. Classic went through fine.

Photobucket
This is NOT the Bendover Boutique, move along now.
Please use plain text.
4string_fixer
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

I was trying to add a photo and it keeps saying description cannot be revised? I didn't touch the description. I don't know if this is the same problem -- or is there a rule about adding extra photos? It would have been #12. I really need to add it. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
buby44
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

I use Firefox, have IE10, using Photobucket and trying to upload pics using photobucket easylink for html.The ebay box lets me copy/paste the link, then tells me that "some urls are invalid, etc."

I have been adding photos for some time to my auctions, and things have changed, I know.

What am I missing? I think the photo size is acceptable.

Thanks.

Pat

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

This new picture Standard Uploader is not an improvement.  In fact, since it was introduced, all my uploads have been slow and at times nonresponsive, no matter what Ebay uploader (basic or standard) is used.  Uploading pictures to Ebay is an important process.  It makes no sense that you are able to drag and drop pictures as attachments to Ebay messages sent to other members but you can't drag and drop pictures into Ebay listings.  This new "time-saving" standard uploader is neither time-saving nor any better than the basic version.  In fact, it's worse because it's slower and this revamp has also made the basic version slow.  It's now taking 30 seconds per picture to load.  I've never had a problem with the basic version.  Now I'm having issues with both versions.  You can improve the picture uploader by enabling a "drag and drop" of multiple pictures at once just as you are able to do with Ebay messages.  And note the part of the uploading that is taking 30 seconds per picture is the initial part where you upload one picture at a time.  The second part, where once all the images are visible on the listing page and ready to upload all at once, is still quick. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

If you are able to choose an image, make sure to wait at least 30 seconds before giving up.  I am still able to upload pictures but it's really slow.  There's a 30 second pause before the image file number makes it to the listing page.  The second part which loads them to where you can see the small pictures on the listing page is still a fast process.

Please use plain text.
shipscript
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

For those of you using Internet Explorer 9 or 10, I would like to point out that there was an automatic upgrade to that software over the past few weeks and it has caused problems for lots of users. The typical problem is that the browse button does not appear on the uploader and that the uploads take forever, sometimes stopping after only a handful.

The solution that works for many members is to:

1) clear the browser cash and reboot the computer

2) set Compatibility mode at the top of the browser while on the uploader.

So, first be sure that the Internet Explorer upgrade is not adding to the problem.

For Photos, HTML, CSS and template questions, please visit the Tools & Apps forum.
eBay Community Hall of Fame 2007
Free Resources for Better Auctions • Programs • Tools • Templates • Help • Guides
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

shipscript---thanks for the advice, but it didn't work for me...I'm still forced to use the slow and tedious standard uploader.....where did my browse button go on the basic uploader???

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

Me too. Did you ever get an answer?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

--UPDATE....after being forced to use the cumbersome standard uploader for a week or so, I just found a way to get back to the classic -basic uploader which I had been using for years....Several months ago I wasn't able to access some discussion board stuff when I used explorer, but was able to access  said stuff when using firefox....I just did a listing  using firefox, and the uploader worked fine just liked it used to...That problem from  months ago went away after a week or so, so I forgot about firefox until now...Maybe this glitch will go away on its on...

Please use plain text.
cuckoochenille
Community Member

in reply to garagehero

RE: When I go to add photos it says "Click browsE"--but no "BROWSE" box is anywhere on the page...I have IE and just had this problem for the first time today, and I'm pretty annoyed. Called Ebay and their fix was to tell me to try a different browser, like FIREFOX which I don't have. Gave them a piece of my mind--that it was their problem. Are they in bed w. FIREFOX? What's the hell is up with that? They sais they are working to keep up with IE updates--but it may take DAYS to fix..NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

Please use plain text.