eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
grumpyjasmin1947
Community Member
Can't get pics to download.

Have tried for four days to download pics. I tried the standard & was instructed to download adobe photo gizmo. Did that (bout 3 hundred times). Go to download pics & instructions say to download adobe..... and on and on.  Go to basic & am instructed to select pics after hitting browse button. There is no browse button on this page.  Called ebay.  Absolutely no resolution. Woman could barely speak English. Didn't have a clue what I was telling her. Told me to shut off firewall. Did this also. Still can't get pics downloaded. I don't understand what the prob is. I was able to download pics for another item I listed. Tired of this crap. No help- will go elsewhere.

Other Answers: 5
clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to grumpyjasmin1947

It seems to be an problem with later versions of internet explorer.

use the 'tools' menu at the top to set 'compatibility mode' to ON for eBay

If you don't see the 'tools menu', right click on the shaded bar and check 'menu bar' from the drop down menu'

Installing Adobe Flash is a two step operation (I think)

You download a file to your hard drive, then you have to double-click on the filename to start the installation process.

You can download another browser to use in cases like this.

Here are the ones ebay recommends, along with links to download them.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/browser.html

Capture.PNG
nc-daydreamer
Community Member
Answered

Read instructions for your digital camera and install the software that came with it.  Presuming you are using a standard PC and not a Mac or  phone... open your long listing form, when you get to the part in the form that shows 'add picture', click on it.  It will take you to another window. Click on the first tab - standard. Browse should be there... click on it. Your picture folder should then open. Click on the picture you want to upload (CTRL+click to select more than one - up to 12). Scroll down to the end and click 'open'. Your pictures should then begin to load.  Once that is finished, scroll down and clock on the big green button to load and wait. When the load is complete, it will then display your listing form again for you to complete.

=====================================
If you don't stand up for something, then you'll likely fall for anything.
beautybylynn
Community Member
Answered

orion -Try installing the free browser Mozilla Firefox, which seems to be the most eBay-friendly one out there I run firefox on both my laptop and pc and I cant choose more than 1 shipping option for more than a week I called c/s and got the usual "I will forward it to the tech and they will contact you" Im not holding my breath   lol

whiskertail
Community Member
Answered

"was instructed to download adobe photo gizmo. Did that (bout 3 hundred times). Go to download pics & instructions say to download adobe..... and on and on"

When you download Adobe Flash, that does not mean you are done.

You then have to install Adobe Flash when it is finished downloading.

Locate Adobe Flash in your downloads folder and double-click on it to install.

orionslineelectronics
Community Member
Answered

Picture uploading is working fine here - it sounds like possibly a problem with your browser. You shouldn't need an Adobe program to download/upload pictures. Try installing the free browser Mozilla Firefox, which seems to be the most eBay-friendly one out there. Hope that helps, good luck!