eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
stopstopshop
Community Member
500 pixels longest side....vertical or horizontal?. I have 630 photos they sent me that don't comply, will those listings just disappear?

Ebay should insert a box to the existings listings that one could just click to resize to 500 pixels. it has taken uncountable hours to take these photos, there are lot of sellers with thousands of listings, is ebay going to eventually just remove all?? 

Other Answers: 5
jakemcd
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stopstopshop

I got really frustrated too, until I realized that my Corel Paint Shop Pro X could automatically resize them for me. Perhaps your photo shop can do the same.

The longest side depends if you took your picture vertically or horizontally And.......yes they will be removed.  :_|

shipscript
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stopstopshop

"...500 pixels longest side....vertical or horizontal?..."

The longest side is the longest side. eBay did not state horizontal side or vertical side because orientation does not matter.

At least one of the two dimensions on your photo must be larger than 500 pixels.

For Photos, HTML, CSS and template questions, please visit the Tools & Apps forum.
eBay Community Hall of Fame 2007
Free Resources for Better Auctions • Programs • Tools • Templates • Help • Guides
maggie_kai
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stopstopshop

This was announced in 2012.   We're half way through 2013 and they are going to implement on July 1.

What's changed is that eBay is now sending notices to sellers that their photos don't meet the new requirement.  

View this as them helping you fix your listings so they comply vs it's an inconvenience to you.

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ListingPhotoSizes.htm 

shipscript
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stopstopshop

I looked at your items with this tool and see that most of them are GTC listings.

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ListingPhotoSizes.htm

Did you know that GTC listings are grandfathered? Any items that are listed as GTC (good-til-canceled) before July 1 will not need to meet the new picture requirements unless they are subsequently edited, or ended and relisted. They will not be removed and will not be actioned if someone reports them for being undersized.

And yes, the tool has a button you can push to resize the photo and another button you can push to add it to your listings. But I would not recommend doing so because enlarging small photos can usually result in a fuzzy images and you need the sharp detail on your items.

For Photos, HTML, CSS and template questions, please visit the Tools & Apps forum.
eBay Community Hall of Fame 2007
Free Resources for Better Auctions • Programs • Tools • Templates • Help • Guides
stopstopshop
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stopstopshop

I just Enlarged all 630 photos that ebay sent that did not meet the 500 pixels on http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ListingPhotoSizes.htm

however when I check my listings, NONE have been enlarged, what else is required to make sure the Enlarged pictures will stay enlarged in the listings?/ very confusing.