eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
how to unlink paypal

I need to "unlink" my paypal account (if that's proper term).  Something prompted me to link my paypal account during checkout and now when I make a purchase it acts as a one-click purchase without any paypal interaction. 

I need to be able to select whether my payment comes from my paypal balance, credit or something else during each checkout.  It no longer redirects me to paypal which is how I want/need it to be.  I cannot find any info from paypal or ebay. I was prompted by ebay and now paypal is no longer in the loop here so it must be an EBAY issue.

Please help!

Other Answers: 8
mixedtech
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mixedtech

It appears 22shoes was on track...the option I needed was not within "my preapproved payments" though.  That option seemed only related to shipping and ebay fees from January.    

I found it under Paypal - profile - My Settings - My Checkout Settings (not mobile) - Remember my login information.   

Within that I found a mention of ebay being a "list of merchants where you've chosen paypal to be selected as your payment method"  dated 10/16/2012 and I selected then removed.    That was the day I clicked something on ebay by accident during checkout.  

Wow - incredibly hard to find and all too easy to click when it pops up originally and wants a default "OK" click - very angry with ebay and paypal for doing this!!

laurenmom
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mixedtech

Mixedtech has the correct solution:

I found it under Paypal - profile - My Settings - My Checkout Settings (not mobile) - Remember my login information.  

This worked.  Thank you for posting it.

chowdhury247
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mixedtech

Unless you want to wait till you purchase again to change the option , you need to go to your paypal accont and click on the my account settings under profile , then click change on the "websites where ive logged in with paypal" section and  finally click on the remove button .

That should do the trick .

mixedtech
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mixedtech

This is not a good solution. I need the ability to perform this change through some kind of preferences. Not during check out.  I often click through check out too fast and by that time it's too late to be searching for a "small blue lettering".   By the time I make my next purchase could be 2 hours or 2 years and by that time I've most likely forgotten to search for this link.  

Community Member
Answered
in reply to mixedtech

The answer worked for me, but would have left me frustrated, if I had not come across this help post.  I agree, that this is incredibly annoying, & may ultimately leave our linked ebay/paypal accounts accessible to anyone, who's able to log into our ebay accounts.  That's a security risk, that leaves the consumer vulnerable in exchange for some nominal simplification of the buying experience. 

bks23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mixedtech

Thanks for the help, appreciated.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to mixedtech

I have the same issue. Previously, my PayPal payments came from my linked checking account (preferred). Now it defaults to my backup credit card. I tried the suggestion to unlink Ebay from Paypal, but I do not have an Ebay entry under the PRE-APPROVED PAYMENT PLANS tab.

Next time I check out I will see if I have the option to cancel or to select a payment method different from the credit card. I looked for the latter option during the last checkout and could not find it. It said 'credit card payment' but that was it.

my*quiet*place
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mixedtech

You will have that choice next time you go the Checkout - before payment - small blue lettering to the right (prompts the opt out)