eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Why isn't paypal "pay after delivery" working?

Pay After Delivery used to be available on 90% of the auction items I purchased. The last week or so, I can't get it to work. I called Paypal and everything is OK with my account. The person said that not every seller is eligible to have their items paid for that way. Does anyone know about this or is there a problem on eBay/Paypal's part? Thanks.

Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to wacker2865

I've been working with both Ebay and Paypal directly on this issue.  While I was waiting for them to check on my account, the buyers account and get information from their internal support teams, I searched for others having this issue.

Finally after more than an hour going back and forth, Paypal acknowledged that there was a problem in the check out system and that they were working on it.

To further the issue:

When you transfer from Ebay to Paypal and you have to authenticate with your paypal username and password, the web page will display the spinning icon, this transfer takes longer than usual and then freezes for a few seconds.  When you are finally passed to Paypal, you're only left with either your Bank account payment or credit card payment, even though the default payment option of PAD is selected in your default method.  I've also noticed that when you hit the back button (why would you do this, but it's a good indication things are broken) the screen displayed is a misaligned form and the usual verbiage that accompanies a PAD transaction (disclaimer, acknowledgement, and the deduction details) flashes on the screen but you are ultimately left with a broken form.

I've experienced this issue in Windows 8 and Windows 7, used multiple PCs and Fire Fox and IE on each of those PCs and I'm certain it's not a cookies, or cache problem.

Ultimately, I was asked to give it an hour to get resolved, they would reset my account and I could try again.  I actually waited until the next day and the result was the same.

It's very unfortunate that this 'option' isn't being properly addressed by way of a trouble ticket item.  I've had to go to my seller every day to give him the update of my pending payment.  I wouldn't have purchased a 200.00 item today if I knew that my Pay After Delivery option was going to be unavailable. 

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to wacker2865

"pay after delivery" is not an option available on ebay or paypal. Are you asking about "bill me later"?

BML is certainly not pay after delivery. It is a credit account just like most others that requires payment at a later date, just like a credit card. Sellers have no idea whether you use it or not, only that they are paid immediately when you finish the checkout.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to wacker2865

Actually there is such a thing as "Pay After Delivery" on PayPal.

I just learned about it recently, but can't help the OP with their question.

It's PayPal's baby, so if they can't tell you, not sure who can. Sellers would be unaware of this.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/PADLaunch-outside