eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How to request an invoice from the seller when there's no option to do it before I pay for the items? Done this many times; no option now

I do NOT need an explanation on whether the seller combines shipping. She does. Been an eBay buyer for 7 years and have bought from her before. Her seller site says she combines shipping. I have requested combined shipping invoices many, many times before. But with the new checkout software, there seems to be no way to request a combined invoice BEFORE completing checkout.  The existing answers on the forum don't help me because they don't tell me exactly where in the checkout process to request a combined invoice for all 5 items I want to commit to buy. The seller needs to see them in a list, as my purchases, so she can weigh them for shipping, but I can't find a way to do this, although it was a routine process before the new software. Thank you.

Other Answers: 9
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dyerje

leo*spride - yes, I am positive that I clicked Buy it Now, and was taken directly to the check out page. (There is no "Commit to buy" dialogue box now, apparently.)

I wanted to make multiple purchases from the same seller, and there is no longer an option listed to continue buying if you're watching items from the same seller.

So I just went back and made each purchase separately.  When I went to check out from the final item, the check out page showed all my items.

But there was no option to request a total from the seller. The only option was to continue with the purchase.  As mentioned, when I tried this the second time, I opened a separate window to see if my purchase was reflected yet in the seller's total available items.  It wasn't, so the purchase had not registered.

I also tried putting everything in the Cart.  There was no option to request a total from the seller by that method either.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dyerje

No, I'm not confused about immediate payment.  This is one of the items: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300686934256?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Nowhere at any point do I get the "immediate payment required" warning, with which I am very familiar.  Again, I've been doing this 7 years. It's the process that has changed. 

dunnohowtowin
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dyerje

Are you trying to Buy It Now, but it's requiring immediate payment even though she didn't set it for immediate payment?  No one's been able to come up with an answer for that yet.

Real people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.

leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dyerje

Re the item number you supplied... I don't see where you actually committed to purchase this item?:smileyindifferent:  At least, your recent Purchase History doesn't indicate anything for this particular seller:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=dyerje&completed=1&all=1&rows=25&sort=3&_r...

Are you absolutely sure you hit the Buy It Now button?  If you did, the quantity you ordered should be in your eBay Cart, along with a discounted shipping cost.

Graciously Grin When You Growl
leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dyerje

If you've already committed to purchase these items... did you look in your eBay Cart (upper right corner of your screen)?

As long as these aren't Immediate Payment Required, you should be able to select them & combine the invoice yourself.  Depending on the nature of the items, and if the seller has her discounts properly set, you should see a final cost which includes accurate shipping.

If not... use eBay's Message System to contact the seller & request a manually combined invoice.

Good luck!

Graciously Grin When You Growl
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dyerje

Also, this is not an "Immediate payment required" issue.  It's just a standard purchase, but there is no way to notify the seller of my commitment to buy without actually finishing the check out and paying. I opened another window to see if the item counter had changed (i.e., I bought two of the item, so did the number available from the seller decline by 2?) -- and the number doesn't change.  It used to change even before you made payment. Now it doesn't.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dyerje

I think you are confused about the Immediate Payment Required not being the issue, because what you describe is exactly that. If you are being taken to PayPal to pay, that is what you must do to buy the item when it's IPR.

What is the item number? Someone can look at the Payments page to see if it says you need to pay immediately (or you can look).

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/immediate-payment.html

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dyerje

Thanks for the responses, but there is no "commit to buy" in the check out process, as there used to be. The process just takes me to the check out page, where my only option is to "Continue" and pay for the item.  There is no way to commit to buyan item and havethe seller get a notification, without actually completing the check out. None that I can see.

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dyerje

Does the seller have all the items listed as "buy it now, immediate payment required"? If so, that make sit tough to do.

If not, then just commit to buy, but before paying send a request to combine through messages.