eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
How do I send an invoice to a buyer who does not want to use the Global Shipping Program?

I am subscribed to the Global Shipping Program and have shipped some items through this program.  But I still have some international buyers who do not use this program.  Every once in a  while, I am unable to send an invoice and get this message:

you can't send invoice for this order

The item(s) will ship using the Global Shipping Program. As part of the program, buyer directly pays international shipping and import charges to the third-party shipping provider. The buyer will still be able to complete checkout even if you don't send an invoice.

I have a buyer who wants to cancel the transaction because they think I am charging the customs and taxes quoted by the Global Shipping Program.  How can I get around the above message?

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to manika_com

I did get an answer from eBay today because the first person I talked to got me in touch with a member of the Global Shipping Program group.

Here are some additional things I learned:

1) Not all countries are in the Global Shipping Program at this time.

2) If a country is in this program, a buyer will automatically be invoiced through this program.

3) But as I suspected, buyers can choose NOT to use the Global Shipping Program.  When eBay sends them the invoice through the Global Shipping Program, instead of clicking the "Pay Now" button, they can click the "More Options" link from which they can "Request total" from the seller.  This allows them to bypass the Global Shipping Program.

I plan to include this information in all my listings so buyers are aware that they DO have the choice of using or not using the Global Shipping Program.

Thought I would just share what I learned in case someone encounters a buyer who gets upset at them, thinking that the seller is forcing them to use the Global Shipping Program.

Other Answers: 6
sbm-ventures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to manika_com

You cannot send an invoice when you use the GSP. It is what it is.

That is the problem with the GSP, buyers are paying all the customs and duties upfront and some of those items would not ordiinarily be taxed. I can never figure out why a seller would let Ebay have more control over their business that absolutely neccessary.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to manika_com

I want to clarify my question.  All of my listings specify the Global Shipping Program but I get a mixture of international buyers who do as well as don't use the program.  So for the latter buyers, they pay me for the shipping cost to their country and not go through the Global Shipping Program.  They seemm to be able to checkout without any problems.  But lately, I have had some sales for which the buyer seems to be "forced" to use the Global Shipping Program.

In some cases, I am finally able to send an invoice but only after waiting for about 5 days after the sale date.  I still have two sold items for which I am unable to send an invoice - sale dates of April 10 and April 14.

I have called eBay support and they did not have an answer for me but was hoping someone has some idea.

janet9988
Community Member
Answered
in reply to manika_com

Many countries and some items are NOT allowed in the Global Shipping Program . Then you use other shipping methods.

You signed up for the GSP so that is  what will be used when applicable.

Also the buyer is not being forced to use it. If it shows on the listing the buyer does not have to bid on that item.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~all the info that you need to read is here....
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/overview.html
ruths_dream
Community Member
Answered
in reply to manika_com

? its NOT up to the buyer what shipping method you as a seller use.

it is stated in your auction how much shipping is

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
janet9988
Community Member
Answered
in reply to manika_com

The buyer is well aware that Global shipping is being used. The shipping price with all the charges  is shown to them for their country.

It was their choice to bid.  If they wont I would just file the UPI.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~all the info that you need to read is here....
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/overview.html
leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to manika_com

The short answer... you can't send a revised invoice.

Once you list with the GSP, whatever shipping charge you specified from your destination to the US Process Center is all you were in control of when you created the listing.  eBay then sends the buyer their invoice that includes the additional amounts for using this program.

Below is a link to eBay's GSP Buyer Terms & Conditions.  It's long-winded, but worth the read for sellers using this feature:

http://pages.ebay.com/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html

I have a buyer who wants to cancel the transaction...

As far as your current dilemma:  Send the buyer a Cancel Transaction Request.  Offer to relist for an agreed-on price that includes shipping to their country without the GSP option.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As an aside... it's an eBay seller violation to invoice buyers an additional amount for carrier insurance after a listing ends.  Include this cost into your asking price or your S&H.

Graciously Grin When You Growl