eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How about eBay Seller Protection??

I've officially "sold" the same vehicle twice on eBay. 1st winner didn't pay because, "I bought another car, sorry." 2nd winner was such a nit-picky whiney baby that he came up with every excuse to not complete the transaction, and then called the deal off, and tried to blame me for it (it's not my fault he can't read the description and ask questions before the auction ends). So, I can't leave negative feedback on these sorry people, and my only recourse is to open a case and to report them as sucky buyers. Whoopdy-freekin'-do. In the meanwhile, I'm getting behind on my mortgage, my car payments and other such because the damn bidders who did win the auction are too sorry of an eBay'er to do what they are supposed to do and pay. It would be great if eBay would stand behind its "binding agreement" and actually enforce it. But I guess that's asking too much. And for those who want to pass judgement and say that I'm not living within my means, we were doing just fine until my husband lost his job thanks to this lovely economy we live in. God forbid that an actual eBay employee reply to this because then that might actually be helpful.

Other Answers: 7
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahj1706

I understand your frustration but since vehicle sales are non binding, you are out of luck here.  It might be best to list locally so people can come and view and inspect your car though.  Wishing you all the best as times sure are tough.

karl*katz
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahj1706

You would probably be better off listing the car localy and selling for cash.

jsrmcr2012
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahj1706

Frustrating isn't it?? Some family members of mine had good luck on Craigslist. You just have to be extra careful for scams. Be sure to read the most common scams people fall for. Sorry i don't have the link. Good luck to you, it's indeed a tough time for many.:smileysurprised:

karl*katz
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahj1706

Transactions on eBay Motors are non binding.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/non-binding-bid.html

Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahj1706

Thanks to all who have replied as I didn't realize that eBay motors was exempt from the binding agreement clause.  So then, what's the point of an auction if it's non-binding?

I've tried Craigslist and other local sites without even a nibble.  Hopefully, I'll get some bites soon.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahj1706

I Have To Like This Question A MILLION TIMES!!!!

I do Not Sell Vehicles and I have A Higher Account But I Would Like to Say, The Whole Point Is Where Is Our Seller Protection?????

It Is A Bunch Of B.S!!! Nothing But Problems And A Waste Of TIme On The Phone

craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahj1706

as already stated by another responder - bids on ebay motors are non-binding....for buyer and seller.

there is no dispute you can open.

there is no feedback to be left.

if you are expecting a response from an ebay employee...you are in the wrong place.