eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
when I use PayPal to pay seller when does he get his money and how much does it cost him on a 4500.00 dollar payment.

I bought a motercycle and want to pay seller with paypal but I want to take care of his cost for receiving it paypal and wanted to make shure he got his money right away it is a 4500.00 dollar transaction.

Other Answers: 5
kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dwrednek

If you are asking to pay by PayPal, and the seller agrees (which he would be foolish to do so), you can indeed be asked to pay the PayPal fees.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dwrednek

Paypal cannot be used to purchase vehicles such as motorcycles.

You can pay the deposit using paypal but seller expects Cashier's Check (certified from US or Canadian bank) or money orderCash in person for the remainder.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dwrednek

I suppose that would be "asked" vs "required"...

(How was payment requirement worded in the listing?)

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dwrednek

Hopefully, you have done the right thing and inspected the bike, first, before you pay. Most people pay cash upon pick up.

Hopefully, you are privy to a clear title, as well.

Go to FVFs for vehicles. That will tell you how much % the seller gets billed. You happen to be the first person, I've ever known of, who wants to pay the sellers FVFs...Curiously wondering, How Come?

leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dwrednek

I don't mean to sound harsh, here... but it's not the buyer's responsibility to pay any eBay or PayPal fees the seller incurs.

If the seller is asking for these additional amounts, he's out of line.

The listing states that he wants a $200 deposit via PayPal, with the balance paid via certified check/MO/or cash, when you pick the bike up.

You owe nothing more than the final selling price... good luck!

Graciously Grin When You Growl