eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
what does payment initiated and is being processed through paypal with an hourglass mean

I sold two items and there is an hourglass instead of the paid symbol. The message says that payment was initiated on Sept. 17, 2012 and is being process through paypal. What does this mean?

Accepted Solution
nowibuystuff
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jradcliff1

Sounds like an eCheck

Will take a couple days to clear just as if you deposited a check in your local bank

You will get an eMail when the funds are clear and it is safe to ship

Delivery Confirmation is now called "Tracking"

BUT seems to still be Delivery Confirmation

Copy & Paste from USPS site >>

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
Other Answers: 7
amorroma_fashion
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jradcliff1

may be the buyer used the electronic check to pay for your items, it need about 7 bussiness days to processed the payment through paypal. and you should ship your item after receiving the cleared payment. in other word, the hourglass should change to dollar ,then you can ship your item. I wish I can help you!

clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jradcliff1

doll...

this thread has a different topic and it has been marked as 'answered'.

Not many othe responders will read this because it's marked as answered.

Ask your own question in your own thread so you can get an answer to your own question.

You can mark the item as paid yourself

myeBay / purchase history/ use the drop down 'other actions' menu to the right of the item's title to 'mark as payment sent'.

You should also log into your paypal account and check on the status of your payment.

good luck.

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jradcliff1

You need to login to PayPal to find out what it means.

eBay shows that message/icon for more than one reason!

It is not always an eCheck. Login to PayPal. eChecks are clearly shown with red flags and Don't Ship Yet.

If you see nothing on PayPal you have a problem with your account set up or the email for payment on the listing. Many sellers are making typos on their payment emails using mobile apps....

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jradcliff1
Im a buyer. Im in the same situation with you. A week later, the seller said he has receive the payment. But the '$' still in hourglass. But now I want to open the case cos I havent receive the item yet. The seller response is bad. I feel I'm being conned. But I can't open the case cos it is still in hourglass icon. The seller has to marked paid. If he was out to cheat me, how am I going to ask him to mark paid so that I can open the case? This item was bided in 21aug. So I have to open the case within 45days.. Please advice me
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jradcliff1

Dolls, login to PayPal.

It is highly likely the payment is Unclaimed and all you have to do to get a refund is Cancel it.....

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jradcliff1

whenever there is any question about any payment, always log on to your paypal account, since they are the ones that handle all payments.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jradcliff1

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?&query=798

Here is a current link to a page about payment status.

If you are a new seller, funds will not be made available to you until 90 days after a sale, or 3 days after the buyer has received the item.