eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
payment was initiated and is being processed through paypal what does this mean

payment was initiated and is being processed through paypal, what does this mean, how do i get my money into my paypal account

Other Answers: 2
22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to garywells19

It means 1 of 3 things:

1.  simply an eBay glitch.  You will see a completed payment transaction when you look in your Paypal account.

2. payment was funded via echeck.  You will see an uncleared payment transaction in your Paypal account.  If you click on the details link for the transaction, Paypal will tell you when they expect it to clear.

3. you had an invalid payment email address in the listing.  Your payment is sitting somewhere in cyberspace.  There will be NO payment transaction in your Paypal account.

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to garywells19

Or your eBay and PayPal accounts aren't linked so payment can't transfer to your PayPal account through eBay Checkout

Or you didn't confirm your email address when you registered it to PayPal

Record of all successful payments is shown immediately on the seller's PayPal account.

You must login to verify payments are Completed and OK to SHIP before shipping.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!