eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
my paypal payment is unclaimed, seller had wrong address on her account how do we resend payment to right email?

my paypal payment is unclaimed, seller had wrong email address on her account, how do we resend payment to right paypal account? She asked for my paypal email, can't she just send me a new invoice through ebay with her corrected paypal account? She sent me her email to send her money through paypal directly, but will this show up as paid on my ebay account?

Other Answers: 2
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boulder_bay

The seller cannot change the email for payment on the listing.

The Pay Now links direct payment to the email on the listing.

The seller must ADD that email to her PayPal account.  then your Unclaimed payment will go through.

IF the seller cannot do this, because there is a typo in the domain for example, then the seller needs to Mutually Cancel the Transaction and relist editing it before uploading.

Do not use Send Money to her correct email or pay a PayPal Money Request from it, that voids eBay Buyer Protection by paying outside of eBay Checkout.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boulder_bay

No - do not pay thru her paypal account.  You will not have ebay's protection that way.  send your seller this link to correct the problem and then they can re-invoice you.  they have to correct the problem at some point anyway if they want to continue to sell.

How can I claim a PayPal payment?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/claimpayment.html