eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
is it safe to send my item to the buyer if paypal is processing the payment from the buyer?

Hi,

I'm a new seller on ebay I want to ask is it safe to send my item to the buyer if the buyer had paid for the item but it is being process though paypal? Can the buyer cancel the transaction during the time paypal is processing the payment?

thank you for any help!

Other Answers: 6
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to howard301

NO NO NO

Do NOT ship yet

Payments are shown on My eBay as "Processing on PayPal" for more than one reason.

You cannot assume. You must find out!

1. You have wrong email address for payment on the listing. You won't see anything on PayPal about this payment. Use Sell Similar and scroll down to check it. If it is wrong, come back here and start a new thread.

2.. eCheck, will show on PayPal with red flag. Don't ship until the flag clears.

3. you didn't confirm your email when you set up PayPal, you won't see anything on PayPal about this payment. Check this email address for the email from PayPal to confirm the email. Then payment will go through.

3. you didn't link eBay and PayPal, you won't see anything on PayPal about this payment. Link your accounts and it will go through.

NEVER ship without confirming payment is Completed on PayPal. You must see OK to SHIP on Details page. Even if funds not yet available.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to howard301

And what do you mean by processing?  Did they pay with an eCheck?  If so, then you have to wait for it to clear before you ship.  Or are you talking about the new seller hold?  Or is your payment unclaimed?  For each of these, it's a different solution.   But like said, never ship before paypal says okey to ship.

janet9988
Community Member
Answered
in reply to howard301

only send item if/when Paypal says "ok to ship"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~all the info that you need to read is here....
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/overview.html
fer810
Community Member
Answered
in reply to howard301

always check on your paypal acct. do not go by what it says on ebay...If the payment is in your paypal and paypal says ship it is ok

Laughter is Life!
Community Member
Answered
in reply to howard301

When I go to My eBay > Selling under Sold under the column Paid or Not it said "payment was initiated on and is being processed through PayPal"

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to howard301

FYI

Payments subject to the new seller hold DO NOT show on My eBay with the hour glass and payment processing on PayPal.

They show as dollar sign/Paid (unless they are eChecks.)

New sellers with incorrect emails for payment in their listings are more common than eChecks....

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!