eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
yiyafigueroa
Community Member
i want to know why they won't take my debit card so that 'i can pay for the items purchased.? They want another card, but I DON'T have anoth

I have been using this card for the last 3 months or so with no problems. Now , PayPal comes into the picture and and doesn't let me do it my way. I don't want a PP account. I keep my own records and know what I can spend and what not to. Do I have to have a PayPal account or can I continue paying the way I was?

Sincerely,

Nidia

Other Answers: 5
cparkner01
Community Member
Answered
in reply to yiyafigueroa

I have boycotted ebay because of this, if I can't checkout with the ease of amazon and have to go through a paypal run around so they can have more members join paypal then forget it.

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to yiyafigueroa

Do I have to have a PayPal account or can I continue paying the way I was?

We do not know what method you used to pay, but if the seller does not accept that method, you cannot use it.

PayPal allows people to use their services as a "Guest" for a limited number of times, if you have a credit card.  

Suggest you sign up with PayPal, if you wish to use your debit card for an extended time on eBay.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to yiyafigueroa

You can only pay as a Guest of PayPal for a limited amount of purchases.

You then either must create an account or stop buying from sellers who use PayPal.

There is no benefit to paying as a guest, you must create an account if you ever need a refund anyway.

Very few eBay.com sellers can accept credit or debit cards directly without using a payment service and PayPal is by far, the most common payment service.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
grandpatexhelp
Community Member
Answered
in reply to yiyafigueroa

PayPal is by far the most secure and trusted financial institution available on the internet.

That's the reason probably 95% of all eBay sellers use it.

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.
mitzidemarco11
Community Member
Answered
in reply to yiyafigueroa

I also have been using my debit card with no problems on PP but now they will not let me re-add it to my account. In fact, it won't let me add any debit card to my account. I had taken my card down because I had to get a new one. This is bulls**t. I wish we all could just go back to the days of good old fashioned money orders. Sure they took longer but they were never hassles like PayPal is. I hate that almost all seller on here prefer PP.