eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member
i have just sold my first item, how do i know if it has been paid, nothing shows up in paypal but ebay says i have sold it. do i ship now?

i dont want to get a bad rating but i am confused. i printed the label.  do i ship now and get paid when they recieve it or haven't they paid for it? my ebay says waiting on payment is that payment from the seller or paypal?

Other Answers: 8
hunyuk14
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1iris1

Congrats on your 1st sale.

You do not ship until the payment is recorded and confirmed received in your Paypal account.

You should not have printed the label yet. You may want to Void this label. The label is only good for a day, or maybe two. Print another label when you actually get paid.

Waiting for payment means that you are waiting for the payment to come from the buyer.

When you do get paid and ship the item, make sure you purchase Delivery Confirmation/Tracking for this package.

Good luck.

"Aw...Darn it, Woodstock...look what you left on my keyboard again!"
sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1iris1

It means that you are waiting on payment from the buyer. You should not have printed a shipping label. If you can, void that label. You don't print shipping labels until you have been paid. You don't ship until you see cleared payment in your PayPal account. Don't rely on emails or eBay for confirming cleared payment.

Before you sell again you need to read everything about selling.

Sunny

"If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… just a couple of nations not talking with each other."

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1iris1

When a buyer pays PayPal shows record of that payment immediately.

PayPal does hold funds for new sellers and they show them as funds not yet available. They don't add to your balance until released. They do show on your account immediately, unless you have a problem.

You never ship without seeing proof of payment on PayPal.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1iris1

eBay Shipping does not allow payment unless the buyer has paid.

However, since the OP sees nothing on PayPal there is a problem with account set up or email for payment.

Buyers can pay but payment not go all the way through to the seller.

Unless the OP printed the label directly from the USPS website and not eBay. In which case disregard my first post.

Login to PayPal!
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1iris1

Do not ship until payment has cleared in paypal. Go to your selling page, the page that shows your listings for auction, scroll down that page slowly you"ll come to your sold items then your un-sold items, view your sold items, find this item you have sold and to the right of that item click on more options, in the drop down menu you"ll see view paypal payment, if so payment has beed made if you see send invoice in that menu payment has not been made and if you haven:t sent an invoice send it. Also double check your paypal account for that payment, buyers have 4 full days to pay for ebay items also, 4 days from date of auction win.

vrho4244
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1iris1

Do not ship until payment has been received.  If it says waiting on payment, that means it has not yet been paid

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1iris1

DO NOT SHIP YET

NEVER ship without seeing Completed payment in your PayPal account that is OK to SHIP on the Details page.

IF eBay indicates payment is processing on PayPal that means you have a problem preventing payment transfer.

click Sell Similar on your listing that sold. Scroll down and see what email you entered for payment.

This email must exactly match the one you registered to PayPal. It must have been confirmed when you opened your account and your eBay and PayPal accounts must be linked.

Login to PayPal!
paypalpaymentemail.gif
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1iris1

The View PayPal Transaction links from eBay are often invalid.

Bookmark www.paypal.com and use it.

FYI    Sold does not equal Paid.

My bad on previous post. eBay Shipping does not allow you to print a label if buyer has not paid....that doesn't mean you should trust eBay though.....

Login to PayPal!