eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Why won't eBay/PayPal give me my money?

OK, so on 8/13/12, I sold an item and recieved payment. The next day, I shipped the item out and uploaded all tracking information and delivery confirmation and all that. The only thing I didn't do was use eBay's shipping label, because I knew I would get my money anyway. eBay said I should have the payment in my PayPal account on 8/20/12. The item was recieved by the buyer and confirmed delivery on 8/17/12. It is now 8/25/12, five days after I was supposed to get the money in my account. What's going on? Please help!

Accepted Solution
gageman22
Community Member
Answered
in reply to daviddogortel

Call paypal and they will release the funds.Sometimes you have to call, because they don't always release when they are supposed to.

Other Answers: 3
johnsattic
Community Member
Answered

Important unanswered question about the info you did give us.

Has the payment been received by paypal with "payment pending" and instructions from paypal it is okay to ship?

Or does the payment not show up at all when you go to paypal.com and look at your account?

Sometimes scam buyers send fake emails telling the novice seller that payment has been received.

Sometime novice sellers misinterpret the fact that eBay has given them a button to use for shipping as a sign that it is okay to ship.

If when you go to paypal.com and check to learn paypal has never seen the payment that means either one of the above bad things happened and you gave away your item OR the buyer made the payment but paypal can't post it because of a mistake made by you in giving paypal your email address. Since you already be in Paypal when you make this discovery, good time to go to preferences tab, then edit email address and make sure it is correct there. If that looks okay go back to ebay, find the sold listing, to the right there will be a relist button.  When in relist go to edit at the bottom of the page, then down through the body of the listing to payment instructions and make sure the email address you gave there is correct. If all that looks good then you have been scammed vy way of a fake email purportedly from eBay and/or paypal.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler, A. Einstein
tessiep2
Community Member
Answered
I think paypal takes advantage of new sellers. I too had holds on my transactions when i started selling which went beyond the stated 21 day mark. Even though their policy states that shipping funds would be released immediatly with printed label through ebay, they still charged my credit card. Many emails and phone calls on my part with no resolution. So they kept all monies sent in limbo, and collected from me for postage. When i finally hit the 90 day mark since my first item sold that's when i got my funds immediately. There was always a waiting game. In a nut shell.....they hold your money because they can. Big business. They handle billions of $$$$ a year. If they can hold money in limbo for 21 days....do the math...there's a payday there. If anyone believes that paypal doesn't make money on held funds, i have some beach front property in Arizona for sale.
dilbertdaisypeepers3145
Community Member
Answered

Yes, I too am concerned.  It costs between 12%-15% to sell items on eBay.  They hold the money for at least two weeks and then say you can only draw out $500 at at time!  When I try to raise my limit the instructions require me to give too much personal information for my checking account for me to feel safe.  It should not require all that information to wire money to my account!  Does any one know how to over come this?