eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Why does it take so long before I have access to my money from Paypal?

Why does it take so long to have access to my money.  I am rather new at eBay.  Some of my friends have immediate access to their monies.  Thank you! Marybeth

Other Answers: 8
sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to marybeth3487

Until you build your feedback and prove that you are a responsible seller with out disputes filed against you then the payments will be held. If you submit the Delivery Confirmation number/tracking number in to the transaction details when the item is showing as "Delivery Complete" the funds will be released within a few days.

Sunny

"If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… just a couple of nations not talking with each other."

Community Member
Answered
in reply to marybeth3487

Your friends probably have been selling much longer than you. When you are a new seller, the money is held longer to ensure the winning bidder recieved the item and there are no issues. The holding period will shorten as you sell more items and there are no issues.

pattijoh123
Community Member
Answered
in reply to marybeth3487

It is for ' new '' sellers and it's just a precaution matter I would imagine . They just started that not to long ago is what I've gathered. 

After that you should be fine ! 

I hope this helps ;-)

I honor all who have served to protect us .
sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to marybeth3487

This may help:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/payment_hold.html

Sunny

"If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… just a couple of nations not talking with each other."

inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to marybeth3487

So many new sellers jump into selling without reading all the rules, policies, and procedures first that eBay and PayPal took steps to hold payments until the item arrives in order to protect the buyers and themselves. Sellers must now prove themselves before the payment holds are lifted.

If you shipped with Delivery Confirmation, the hold is only a few days. If you didn't ship with Delivery Confirmation, the hold will be much longer and is an indication that you did not learn the requirements for Seller Protection before you began selling.

Read about payment holds at the link provided in the post above. Read about Seller Protection requirements in the PayPal user agreement.

october_paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to marybeth3487

If you send item with Delivery Confirmation, you'll get your fund in 3 to 4 days not close to a month. So making sure you do that. If you buy ONLINE shipping label with DC/Track#, it automatically record for you in your Paypal and eBay. But if you buy postage by walk in at the near PO, don't for get to get the "Delivery Confirmation". It will save your sellers protection on both-And enter the # in your Paypal and eBay.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to marybeth3487

Ebay and paypal have changed over time, being new to ebay and paypal there may be a certain waiting period until you can access your money in paypal. If need be contact paypal reps. at, 1-888-221-1161 Also, check back here often for other ebay members advise.

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to marybeth3487

New seller status ends once you've met all the following criteria:

It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale.

You've completed more than 25 domestic sales transactions.

You have more than $250.00 in total sales.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!