eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Using ebay gift card with Paypal account

I don't like using cc online for my paypal etc. Can I and how do I buy ebay gift cards at the store and have it applied to my paypal acct?

Other Answers: 5
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jmbuy111

eBay Gift Cards will only work with purchases made through eBay, PayPal & eBay are linked together as partners between themselves, Ex: PayPal does post the eBay Gift Card Balance on your PayPal Account, but the actual PayPal Balance is separately listed for numerous vendors that accept PayPal payments.

There is an option though, there is a card that you can buy ( I know Walgreens and Kroger has them) It's called Money Pak from Green Dot, the card has a one time cost of $4.95 and it is a reusable card that you put money on (done where you buy the card), you put X amount of $ on card at purchase, go to your PayPal account, hover cursor over Add Money, a drop down window will appear that says "Add Money From Money Pack" click on that, you will be directed to Green Dot MoneyPak site, there you will see a field to enter the code that is on your MoneyPak card, it is an instant transfer of funds to your PayPal account, no more waiting 4-5 days for a transfer of funds from Bank Account  to PayPal, which I do every now and then, (Note: You can use Bank Account & Credit Card info for instant transfer of funds to PayPal, but you have to admit way to much information, like your Bank Account PIN# ), no way I'm going to do that, so I use eBay Gift Cards alot, while in the process of transfering funds from Bank Account to PayPal, just to have monies on hand in PayPal Account for purchases in and out of eBay.

Hope this helps you a bit, or anyone else, or I've done a lot of typing for nothing.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jmbuy111

One option is to request a PayPal Debit card.  Then, remove your CC from your Paypal account. Or use one that's about to expire.

Another option is: request a $500 Limit CC from your bank

As for the Green Dot and other pre-pay CCs out there.  Theoretically, they would work.  In practice, Walgreen's and other stores often are "out of stock" and it really screws you over.  There's the Green Dot CC you have to buy and then a separate item you need for re-loading.  it's been my experience that the stores have trouble keeping them in stock.

finallly, have you taken a look at bitcoin?

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jmbuy111

Your credit card is very safe to use with PayPal. If you are skittish about using your CC online, then you can't really buy anything.

maneki-neko-nook
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jmbuy111

you can't.  Paypal although it is r elated to ebay, is not the same company.  Paypal can be used at numerous companies other than ebay. 

I haven't had my coffee yet, so forgive my typing....The only question you may regret is the one you never asked!
maggie_kai
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jmbuy111

You can use ebay gift cards to make ebay purchases...

but you won't be able to add the funds to your paypal account.