eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
banannaskier
Community Member
Sold an item and now waiting for the money to come through from the buyer. How long do I have to wait before relisting, and do I ship first?

I sold an item. The buyer has not paid yet. How long do I wait for payment to come through before I re-list? Should I wait to send the item until it has been paid for? 

Other Answers: 6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to banannaskier

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!

Never ship any item till it has shown to be paid for...EVER!

If you get any sort of notification that it shows paid, log in to your Paypal account and check/see...

If it has indeed been paid (and I don't mean by an e-check which takes a few days to clear), then, go to the listing, click 'print shipping label', do so and ship the item asap..

Best that you sit back with your favorite cup-o-java, READ how selling works and the dos and don'ts.....

Please understand ebays rules and policies and learn what you are doing before you get in possible troubles. lose your hard earned money and/or end your ebay selling career..There's TONS to know FIRST!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to banannaskier

Do not ship yet.  PayPal will tell you when it is safe to ship.

You must wait at least 4 days to receive your payment.

If not received by then, You may File An Unpaid Item Claim.

Then you must wait another 4 days

If payment is not received by then, You may Close the Claim.

Buyer will be issued an Unpaid Item Strike.

You will receive a refund of your Final Value Fees.

Neither you nor the buyer will be able to leave feedback.

After closing the claim, it will be safe to relist your item or send a Second Chance Offer.

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to banannaskier

Read ALL of this: 

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/howtosell/sellingbasics.html

Then, put a copy of this under your pillow, so your brain can absorb it while you are asleep: 

http://pages.ebay.com/buyerprotection/sellerFAQ/index.html

Also, since you have not purchased anything on eBay,Read ALL of this: 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/basics.html

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
gageman22
Community Member
Answered
in reply to banannaskier

DO NOT SHIP until you log into paypal and see the transaction. If it has been more than 4 days, you can open a case for non payment in the resolution center. 4 days after that, go back and close it to get a credit of your final value fees.

Block bidders with 2 or more unpaid items:To select buyer requirements for all your listings:

Go to My eBay.

Click the Account tab, and then click Site Preferences on the left.

In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Buyer requirements, and then click the Show link.

Click the Edit link.

On the Buyer Requirements page, select your requirements.

Click the Submit button to save your requirements.

Helps weed out deadbeats

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to banannaskier

Never relist until you have completed the Unpaid Item Process.

Never ship until you have logged on to PayPal and verified your payment is Completed (even if funds not yet available) and OK to Ship.

eBay and emails can be wrong.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
ritacummins
Community Member
Answered
in reply to banannaskier

Good heavens!

You need to learn the ropes before you try to sell any more.   If you don't know whether to ship now or wait for payment, you really don't know enough to be selling here.   You could make some fatal mistake and be barred from Ebay for life.

Stop selling.   Start buying, gather some good experience and some good feedback.   Study everything Ebay has posted to help newbies.   Go to the site map, click on all the links and read themn, LEARN them.   Hang around this answer center and read the questions and answers that are posted here every day.   You'll be surprised at how much there is to learn.

And quit selling until you learn your way around.