eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Problems with buying items.

Hello,

I get this alert from you and I want to get more information. Alert is below:

"Your account has been temporarily restricted from buying items on eBay because we found a pattern in the number or dollar value of eBay Buyer Protection cases you’ve opened, because buying policies were broken, or other factors. Your account can still be used to sell on eBay and to pay for items you’ve won or already bought through Buy It Now. After the specified time period, you can use your account to buy on eBay again."

Can you give me information for what reasons I get this alert, and when I can buy again. Because in the alert message is mention only the specified time period, can you tell me how long is that specified time period?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Other Answers: 8
cherokee_lodge
Community Member
Answered
in reply to egbra1989

You live in Lithuania and are buying items from the United States.  If you've filed enough disputes to cause them to restrict your account, then you have become a problematic buyer.

You need to read up on how long it takes for items to arrive in your country.  That includes how long it takes clear your country's customs.  That's the main cause of delays.

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to egbra1989

We are not ebay staff, so we have no access to your account to check anything.

Ebay sends these types of restrictions VERY rarely, so you must have far exceeded the normal amount of buyer protection cases that are normally allowed. It typically means that ebay thinks you are lying about not receiving items you have purchased, or are filing too many cases to get your money back.

There should be a time mentioned in the message that your account will be restricted. If there is no time mentioned, you may have a permanent restriction in place, and will never be allowed to purchase again.

zylor4200
Community Member
Answered
in reply to egbra1989

Also, you have 12 bid retractions in 12 months! You are abusing the system.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to egbra1989

This is sent to buyers who they feel are abusing the Buyer Protection program.  The buyer protection program is a privilege, NOT a right.

You have opened too many cases for items you have not received, arrived broken or not as described.  So you are abusing the system.

If your selling has been restricted they would have told you a time length.  If they told you that you are no longer covered by ebay buyers protection then that is forever.  It means you can still buy BUT you will NOT be able to open ANY dispute for ANY reason.  If you don't receive the item, or if it arrives broken you are on your own unless the seller helps you out. 

If they used the term "indefinitely" then that means forever on ebay.

Nobody has that much bad luck as a buyer on ebay. 

zylor4200
Community Member
Answered
in reply to egbra1989

Oops! Sorry, you have no bid retractions so your problem must be with other abuse of system.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to egbra1989

Correction: If your Buying, (not selling) has been restricted.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to egbra1989

Bid retractions (last 12 months): 0  I am not seeing any bid retractions-however what I did see was good enough reason for the restriction.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to egbra1989

Wow. Since Dec. 2011 you have left 87 feedbacks-3 of which were negatives and 21 were revised which means they were negs or neutrals also.

And what is up with this one: "Is it possible to return this product because I am really sorry not to buy it" You left a Seller a neutral for this?

Sounds like eBay knew what they were doing when they restricted your ability to buy on here.   :smileyindifferent: