eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Problem with paypal payment authorization.

"We're having trouble printing your label. We had problem getting PayPal payment authorization. Please log into PayPal and update the funding source."

This is the message I am getting every time I tried to pay for a $5 shipping label today. Check all my info on paypal, it is all correct. Called paypal and they said they are getting a "denied" request from my bank. Called my bank and they said they aren't even receiving any request from paypal! Anyone else know what is going on? I have no idea what to do or how to fix it, and my bank is blaming paypal and paypal is blaming my bank and neither will help.

Other Answers: 6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to nicolelodeon13

i was having the same problem. Here how i solved: i could not print via ebay. i log in to paypal and print one shipping label, the first one. so a shipping payment agreement appeared and i checked ok. after that i go back to ebay and tried to print my second shipping label and it started working again.

here is the reason i think. in paypal, "My Profile, My money, My preapproved payments, Merchant: eBay Inc Shipping" is not seen until i print my first shipping label via paypal. once i did this and agreed the shipping agreement, the shipping label printing connection started between ebay and paypal. happily i can ship via ebay now.

Community Member
Answered

I just had the same thing happen. Here is how I got it to work.

1. Log into PayPal.

2. Go to your funding sources (I entered 'funding sources' in the PayPal search box and clicked on the first result for 'managing your funding sources', or something close to that)

3. Select the check box next to each one of your sources.

4. Click 'Save'

5. Go back to Ebay and try to print your label again, and it should now work.

Community Member
Answered

I said I already checked the information, everything is correct.

Community Member
Answered

Same trouble with me for the last 2 days... Checked everything & it is correct. All labels printed fine up to just a few minutes before I started getting this message. There was some work being done on the site by techs at eBay at the time:

---We're having trouble printing your label We had problem getting PayPal payment authorization. Please log into PayPal and update the funding source.---

It figures that the only response received to this was the usual thoughtless stupid canned messages we're used to receiving from eBay "Customer Service", which is a joke...

eBay, please just fix the problem!!!!!! There is nothing wrong with my payment source.

mrstj4sho88
Community Member
Answered

If you have a credit card on file, you should check your information and make sure it has not expired . goodluck

Community Member
Answered

It is paypal they sent me a message that they had sent me a debit card and they swaped it in with out my permission , I am having trouble switching it back to my bank card.