eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
ausgeoff1946
Community Member

PayPal Phishing Attempt? WARNING!

Today I received—at my registered email address—an email allegedly from PayPal which has been marked as a possible phishing attempt by an unknown party, and its URL blocked by my email service provider, as per:

WARNING: URL text and host don't match, possible phishing attempt. URL disabled.

Can anybody confirm getting a similar email, or confirm that this is in fact a legitimate email originating from PayPal?  Please note this email passes the spam test OK, and was not redirected to my junk folder.  Also, I've never received something like this from PayPal in the past, and also that I'm not a registered seller.

Thanks in advance.

—Geoff.

Please use plain text.
the_right_stuff99
Community Member

Re: PayPal Phishing Attempt? WARNING!

in reply to ausgeoff1946

How can we confirm that something is a legitimate email without knowing what was in it?

Please use plain text.
ausgeoff1946
Community Member

PayPal Phishing Attempt?

in reply to ausgeoff1946

Uh... did you miss the part wherein I said the message link URL is "disabled"?  So I can't tell you what's in the message.  Duh.

Did you—or have you ever—got a warning message like this?

The email header says "Notice of Policy Updates".

Please use plain text.
sandypurins
Community Member

in reply to ausgeoff1946

Login to your PayPal account... is there a new policy update posted on the policy updates page?

Please use plain text.
the_right_stuff99
Community Member

in reply to ausgeoff1946

Uh... did you miss the part wherein I said the message link URL is "disabled"?  So I can't tell you what's in the message.  Duh.

Did you—or have you ever—got a warning message like this?

Uh, your OP didn't even give the subject or the text of the email. Duh. Thanks for finally giving us the title.

Please use plain text.
ausgeoff1946
Community Member

Problem sorted...

in reply to ausgeoff1946

Uh, your OP didn't even give the subject or the text of the email. Duh. Thanks for finally giving us the title.

Thank you kindly for your well-considered response, which helped me even somewhat more than your first response.

—Much appreciated.

Please use plain text.