eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Pay after delivery, seller is not responding to my messages

I bought an item pay after delivery.Seller has not responded to any of my questions, if item is never shipped, how do I stop payment...

Accepted Solution
leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to buckeyesweve

Pay After Delivery is a PayPal feature for qualified buyers who apply... I've used it several times, now.  The seller is paid immediately, but the buyer's payment isn't deducted from his bank account for 14 days.

buckeyesweve... The seller already has your money.  But you're still covered under both eBay & PayPal Buyer Protections for an Item Not Received.  You would have to file this dispute per the existing policies & procedures.

Good luck!

Graciously Grin When You Growl
Other Answers: 9
rockydaytona
Community Member
Answered
in reply to buckeyesweve

no need to message me...

the seller doesn' t ship until the payment has been transferred from your bank account to Paypal and on to the seller.

and the seller does not have any need to communicate with you...they just need to wait for the payment to clear and then ship the item. 

leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to buckeyesweve

It doesn't work like that. If the money is taken from your bank account then your seller has not received payment yet. Your payment is an e-check...

Oh... but it DOES work like that.  PayPal fronts the money for the 14 days, & they're very prompt with the eventual deductions.  PayPal is also very good at sending reminders to the buyers so they know exactly which day the money will be deducted.

All Buyer Protections remain the same for this feature, so an Item Not Received dispute would be the only avenue a buyer could take... stopping payment isn't an option, from my understanding (although, I haven't tried to).

rockydaytona
Community Member
Answered
in reply to buckeyesweve

pay after delivery???

if you have paid for an item, you wait for delivery. if it does not arrive within the estimated time frame given on the listing, you wait a few more days then contact the seller.

you have 45 days from date of payment to file a complaint if the item is not received.

sbm-ventures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to buckeyesweve

Let me clarify. Paypal pays the seller immediately, then, the money is deducted from my bank account 14 days later..

The seller has not communicated, and I do not want  the money deducted from my bank account until I receive the item...

It doesn't work like that. If the money is taken from your bank account then your seller has not received payment yet. Your payment is an e-check and until it clears through your bank account the seller has not been paid. The seller will not ship until the money has been transferred from your bank account to the sellers account.

craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to buckeyesweve

"Seller has not responded to any of my questions, if item is never shipped, how do I stop payment..."

ebay does not requiresellers to respond to your questions.

if the item does not arrive, you do not 'stop payment'...you open an 'item not received' dispute in the RC.

leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to buckeyesweve

From PayPal's info links...

With Pay After Delivery, you don’t have to pay for your purchase until after you receive your item. Only certain purchases offer Pay After Delivery as a payment method. If it’s available, you’ll see the option on the Review Your Information page during checkout. There is no fee to schedule a payment using Pay After Delivery.

When you use Pay After Delivery, we pay the seller right away, so there's no delay in sending you the item. We withdraw the payment from your bank account 14 days later.

You still have full coverage on your payments. If you don’t receive your item or the item isn’t what you expected, just let us know by reporting a problem in the PayPal Resolution Center. If you report the problem within 14 days of making your purchase, we’ll put your payment on hold and you won’t pay until the dispute is resolved.

Note:
You need a confirmed bank linked to your PayPal account to use Pay After Delivery. If there isn’t enough money in your bank account to complete your scheduled Pay After Delivery payment, we’ll use your backup payment method. We make two attempts to debit your bank account for a payment before we use your backup payment method. If the Pay After Delivery option doesn’t appear during checkout, it’s not available to you yet. We are in the process making this feature available to more customers in the near future. " jQuery1349713437140="2" baynote_irrank="1" baynote_bnrank="1" country="CA,US"> What is Pay After Delivery? With Pay After Delivery, you don’t have to pay for your purchase until after you receive your item. Only certain purchases offer Pay After Delivery as a payment method. If it’s available, you’ll see the option on the Review Your Information page during checkout. There is no fee to schedule a payment using Pay After Delivery.

When you use Pay After Delivery, we pay the seller right away, so there's no delay in sending you the item. We withdraw the payment from your bank account 14 days later.

You still have full coverage on your payments. If you don’t receive your item or the item isn’t what you expected, just let us know by reporting a problem in the PayPal Resolution Center. If you report the problem within 14 days of making your purchase, we’ll put your payment on hold and you won’t pay until the dispute is resolved.

Note:
You need a confirmed bank linked to your PayPal account to use Pay After Delivery. If there isn’t enough money in your bank account to complete your scheduled Pay After Delivery payment, we’ll use your backup payment method. We make two attempts to debit your bank account for a payment before we use your backup payment method. If the Pay After Delivery option doesn’t appear during checkout, it’s not available to you yet. We are in the process making this feature available to more customers in the near future.

pinkflamingo2855
Community Member
Answered
in reply to buckeyesweve

pay after delivery???? no seller will ship an item before they've been paid, yet you say how do i stop payment? so you paid or you didn't?

you win an item

you pay

seller ships item

if you don't get item in about 21 days file an item not received from the resolution center for a refund. 

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go"
Oscar Wilde
johnsattic
Community Member
Answered
in reply to buckeyesweve

Trying very hard to comrehend what you are saying. Pay after delivery? That does not happen on eBay, no seller should be shipping until they have been paid.

If you have paid and item has not been delivered within the estimated delivery time, then you go to the resolution center and file a claim under your eBay buyer protection plan to get your payment refunded. eBay will then see to it either you receive the item or get a full refund, one or the other.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler, A. Einstein
Community Member
Answered
in reply to buckeyesweve

Let me clarify. Paypal pays the seller immediately, then, the money is deducted from my bank account 14 days later..

The seller has not communicated, and I do not want  the money deducted from my bank account until I receive the item...