eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • FedEx One Rate

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
My package shipped to a wrong address, but I paid with a correct PayPal address?

On March 22nd, I purchased an item. Prior to purchasing this item I had sent another item to somebody else and eBay changed my personal address from primary to this other person's... 

I did not confirm (why would I) this other person's address as my primary shipping address.

I purchased this last item on my phone and did not notice that my package went to another address until it was already delivered because it doesn't show me what address it's going to on my phone. I purchased this item through PayPal. I thought that the sellers must ship to a confirmed PayPal address if they pay via PayPal?

I have contacted the recipient of my package, but they have not contacted me back about sending it my way. This is over a week ago. 

What do I do?

Accepted Solution
itz_stacey
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cosmai.owl

When you checked out you had the other persons address selected and just forgot to change it back to your own addy.

How else would your seller know the "other person" address that you have used in the past? ;-)

"I thought that the sellers must ship to a confirmed PayPal address if they pay via PayPal?"

No, address's havent need to be 'confirmed" for years now. Buyers are allowed to add gift address's, just as you obviously have.

Seller's just need to ship to the address listed on the payment, as long as it say's "ok to ship" (meaning the seller is eligible for seller protection).

Other Answers: 7
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cosmai.owl

The problem is the phone app not the seller or PayPal.

When you choose a gift address, it becomes the new default shipping address by cookie. You must manually choose your home address on the next purchase to reset the default back to your home address.

Since you used a phone and not a PC, this didn't happen so it was shipped to the gift address....

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cosmai.owl

I paid with PayPal and it looks like eBay sent the wrong address to PayPal. 

I have looked over the "Transaction Details" page in PayPal and it is the wrong address, and it even says that it's "confirmed". (How in the world it is confirmed to my account?) I looked in my addresses through my PayPal account and that address isn't even in my address book. I only have my personal address.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to cosmai.owl

Sellers are required to ship to the address provided by PayPal.  As long as the seller shipped to that address and the delivery confirmation shows delivered, the seller is off the hook for the package.  You have to be careful with the apps as they do not always give you all of the information that you would see on a computer.  Also, the apps have a habit of showing free shipping when the listing has a shipping charge.  The apps are good but still have flaws in them.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to cosmai.owl

That is truly unfortunate. I don't think that the gift address should be saved as the primary until you change it back. ?:smileyindifferent:

I do not know the person who received my package. Over a week ago she said that she'd send it, but I haven't heard from her since.

Thanks for the answers and input.

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cosmai.owl

>> and it looks like eBay sent the wrong address to PayPal.

NO.

Re-read the answers above.

It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to LOOK and MAKE SURE the address showing when you go through checkout is the one you want the package sent to.

It was your mistake to NOT CHANGE THAT INFORMATION.

And yes - once you sent the gift item -- ALL OTHER PURCHASES will go to that SAME gift address.

UNTIL you pay attention and CHANGE the address back to your own WHILE YOU ARE GOING THROUGH CHECKOUT.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to cosmai.owl

No need for caps, dear. :smileyhappy: I can read the print just fine. Just trying to figure out why another address is confirmed in my PayPal account.

I never changed my primary address. Ever. It was a "gift address" that I sent to and I was not given the option to ever change it when I purchased previous items, and was not give the option when I purchased this recent items.

I have contacted PayPal because my address is listed as the main address - which they are supposed to ship to. 

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cosmai.owl

Delete the gift address from eBay

Mobile apps are still beta. If you would have checked out on a computer you would have seen that the gift address was the one showing when you paid....

Since it is someone you know, call them up and have them send it to you.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!