eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
I sold an item & buyer paid for it but I dont see the payment in my paypal so how can I receive my money?

above is my item which I sold and buyer paid for it but the money is not in my PayPal

Other Answers: 5
craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bibijoon5792

really....why are you saying the buyer paid for it when you don't see that in your paypal account?

hunyuk14
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bibijoon5792

Is this your first sale?

Do you know where to look?

Just asking to make sure you understand where to look and verify a payment sent.

Do not ship until you see the payment in your Paypal account.

"Aw...Darn it, Woodstock...look what you left on my keyboard again!"
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bibijoon5792

How do you know they paid for it if it's not in PayPal?

sandypurins
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bibijoon5792

If the buyer has paid using PayPal and the payment is not shown on your PayPal account history page, the payment may have been sent to an email address which is not linked to your PayPal account.

The most likely reasons for this are... you may have misspelled your PayPal email address in the payments section of your eBay listing, or... you may have used an old email address, or... you may need to confirm your email address.

To check which PayPal email address was used in the eBay listing, click on the "Sell similar" link for that item and look in the payments section.  If you have access to that email address, login to your PayPal account and "Add" the email address to your account.  The payment will show up right after you confirm the email address.

If you do not have access to that email address, you will need to ask the buyer to cancel the payment and resend the payment to your correct email address.  Send the buyer a PayPal invoice, using the "Request Money" tab from your PayPal account, to make it easier for the buyer to pay.

To check whether the email address needs to be confirmed, login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and select the "Update" link in the "Email" section of the personal information page.  If the email address is not confirmed, click on the "Confirm" button to initiate the confirmation process.

Here's a screen shot of the payments section of eBay's "Sell Your Item" form...

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bibijoon5792

Does your My eBay Sold page show an hour glass and payment processing on PayPal?

If you see nothing on PayPal then you have a problem preventing payment transfer. Most likely your email for payment on the listing itself is wrong or you didn't set your accounts up correctly before jumping into selling....

Did you link eBay and PayPal? Did you confirm your email was working when you opened your PayPal account?

Use Sell Similar to check the email for payment on the listing. Any typo will stop payment transfer.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
paypalpaymentemail.gif