eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
I bought a item from seller " buy it now" I paid.Seller sold the item I bought to someone else?I want my full refund now?

I bought a item at a buy it now option today.I paid.

Later today I received this ebay message from this seller today stating this to me,

(I wish I could talk to you on the phone because I feel terrible that I will have to send you your money back. Here's what happened: this morning I could not find the item anywhere on Ebay's system. It was their fault. So it got listed again. Ebay is supposed to catch that, if the wording is the same. Anyway, the other party put in their bid and paid last night, about 15 hours before you bid. So I feel that I must honor their transaction. I wan to send you your $47. What is your PayPal E-mail address? Also, to avoid double fees, Ebay's resolution center needs to get involved. Please await an E-mail from Ebay. Yours truly, Steve)

Many things here I'm not understanding,

(1):Why is this seller asking me for my email address?I paid thru PayPal Instant Payment.All the seller need to do is sign into his Paypal account.Locate this transaction and click issue buyer refund.My email address is stated in his Paypal transaction.There is no need for this seller to be asking me for my email address.What's up with this?

(2)Also, to avoid double fees, Ebay's resolution center needs to get involved. Please await an E-mail from Ebay. Yours truly, Steve)

What?Ebay's resolution center needs to get involved????What's this?

I told this seller this,

"If your not gonna send me the item I paid for.Issue me my full refund now?It's a simple click of a button from your Paypal account.Send me a cancel transaction.Problem solved."

This guy made a mistake by listing two of the same items for sale he says.Blames it on ebay.

Because,of his mistakes I must now wait for my refund?

It's a simple click of a button to issue a refund is what I'm not understanding.And why in the world does he need my email when he has my email in his Paypal account transaction?

Very crooked this sounds to me!

Ebay needs to pay their respects to ,,,
"Father Paul "Bless ebay Oooo,Lord for they have sinned"
Other Answers: 3
trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to collectors_box_outlet

Sorry to take another space.

When he sends the cancellation, you have 7 days to agree or decline it.  I wouldn't agree to it until you have your refund & tell him you are not agreeing to it before getting your refund.  If you still don't have your refund before the 7th day, if you are able to, open up an Item Not Rec'd.  That would buy you more time because after 7 days, the cancellation would automatically default to him if you didn't decline it.

=^^= Save a stray today.
trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered

You are seeing the same thing I am seeing.  The seller messed up & is blaming Ebay.  Saying it got listed again & another bidder is the real winner is BS.  I don't think he had it listed twice.  I think you won, but he apparently was making deals through messaging & got a higher offer after the listing ended. 

You don't need to give him your email address, he can refund straight from Paypal.  And definitely don't give him your phone # because anything he says on the phone cannot be traced.

I would message him saying Ebay didn't make those mistakes, he did.  And if he got a better offer through the messaging system, he violated policy.  I would tell him that he can refund you through Paypal, through the item's details & there is no need for your email address or phone #. 

DO NOT THREATEN neg. FB, just leave it.  Word it carefully, so it's not removed.  Do not agree to a cancellation, then he won't get his fees back.  And if you don't get your money back, wait about a week & file an Item Not Rec'd. dispute.

Just curious, what was the item #?

=^^= Save a stray today.
trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered

What?Ebay's resolution center needs to get involved????What's this?

He has to file a cancellation through the resolution center, that's all that means. 

Is it for the fly rod?  He did sell another one just before yours, so he may be telling the truth about accidently listing twice.  But why he would blame Ebay...  I think because Ebay has a duplicate listing violation policy, he assumed Ebay would catch it if he listed an item twice. 

Anyway, you can let him off the hook by agreeing to the cancellation, which you would get in either a message or email.  It's a mutual cancellation & doesn't count against you.

=^^= Save a stray today.