eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
How long does it paypal to release payment hold after positive feedback???

Hi, I am old/new seller, I used to sell alot in ebay back in 03-04 but then stoped and Im back in the same account and have sold about 6 items, my money is being hold by Paypal, I understand that, but since Im selling some digital codes that only take a couple minutes for my customer to receive, I have gotten positive feedback for some sales after 1 day of the actual sales. since I received the positive feedback already shouldnt paypal release the hold??? how long will it take???

thank you for your answers

Accepted Solutions: 6
my*quiet*place
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hectorcosyleon

Positive feedback has no bearing on releasing funds.

Delivery Confirmation, showing delivery, gets funds released 3 days later.

sbm-ventures
Community Member
Answered

Feedback no longer releases funds. The only thing that will release it is DC. You will have to wait 21 days and hope the buyer doesn't file a case against you.

dunnohowtowin
Community Member
Answered

Feedback doesn't determine receipt.  Delivery Confirmation (snail mail) determines receipt.  Since you are violating policy (digital sales should be in the Classifieds only), you must wait out the full hold period.

Real people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.

silverstrad
Community Member
Answered

Positive feedback does not release funds that are held.

Funds will be released a few days after online delivery confirmation shows that the item has been delivered/

Community Member
Answered

Feedback is irrelevant, you have to wait for delivery confirmation to post, usually 7 or so days depending on how you shipped, but I think they tell you up to 15. Be sure the track numbers were entered in PayPal as they go by that, not ebay. If you selected invoice after delivery confirmation then PP probably did not auto-update like it does if you pay for postage immediately. Go to PayPal and any items that you shipped that say ship now, select from dropdown enter track number and enter carrier. Your payments will clear much faster.

Good Luck

Treat every customer like they are your best friend & treat every package like it's fine china.
Community Member
Answered

Thank you for your answers, I now know a little more and understand the process of money hold. 

Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered

Your sold listings are all in violation do you realize that or even care?

Sounds to me like you need to do some reading up on the rules here.

Community Member
Answered

If there is any justice they will file not as described and demand the paper clip.

Treat every customer like they are your best friend & treat every package like it's fine china.
maggie_kai
Community Member
Answered

Seriously?

You think you can get around all of ebay rules?

From one listing:

for sale is 1 paper clip
and with your purchase you will receive free 500k PS3 in Fifa 13 Ultimate team Coins
to receive the coins you will need to place a player on for Buy it now for 1 million coins that I will then buy after confirming your payment.
**** remember EA keeps 5%
shipping for paper clip might take up to 99 years

Your items violate ebay policy and with any luck, you will never get your money.

Positive feedback is not a requirement to receiving funds; a TRACKING NUMBER is, and it can't take 99 years.

Get real or get off ebay.